Epilogue

The Present

I dumped the books into my locker before it was shut. I turned around to see Nathaniel leaning against the next locker as he folded his arms. His eyes stared into mine, making my wolf howl in glee.

"I need a run, Shelly. Come on." She said, waggling her tail in delight. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Talking to your wolf?" He mind-linked. I nodded, releasing another sigh. It has been three weeks ever since he had marked me and life went back to normal right after my step-dad was executed for raping me.

Apparently, Jace had found out and confirmed with me before he took actions.

I was there when the execution took place and displayed no emotions when he dropped to the ground with pools of blood surrounding him.

After this incident, I felt secure though not entirely, since the marking could enable him to read what's on my mind unless I block him. And when he does read what I am thinking, I would ignore him for the rest of the day.

He was literally invading my privacy.

I sighed, glancing at him as I motioned towards the exit. "My wolf needs a run. Does Jarred wants to run with Ace?" He nodded.

When we reached a few trees away from the campus, I ran behind a tree and shifted. When I came out, my eyes glowed into shades of silver as I stared at the pure black wolf in front of me.

Nathaniel's wolf, Jarred.

I let Ace take over as she started running, in which Jarred noticed and ran after us. I watched as Ace skillfully jumped over debris, rocks and branches as she weaved her way in the forests as if she knew this place like the back of her hand.

When she reached a lake, she ran faster before leaping into the water. Jarred soon followed, leaping into the water in glee. I shifted back and watched as he did the same.

"Your wolf is fast." He said, trying to catch his breath. Though it was our wolf taking over, the human side would tend to be exhausted. And looking at the tints of red on his cheeks, his wolf must have exerted a lot of energy.

I mentally giggled to myself, they can't catch up with us. One word for them; lousy.

"We are not lousy at all, babe. We were just letting you win." He scoffed, looking away. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. "Yeah, right." I retorted before sinking myself into the water.

He followed while his eyes grazed across my nude body. I moved forward as I hit on his chest. "Pervert." I mind-linked, making him smirk as he pulled me up with him.

When we reached the surface, I glared at him before he claimed my lips without a word. I felt my eyes closed as I deepened the abrupt kiss. I let out a few moans as his hands groped my ass and hung my thighs over his hips.

I leaned in closer as I tugged my fingers in his hair, tugging it backwards as he moaned when the erection from my nipples tickled his chest.

He slowly walked and before we knew it, both of us were laying on ground. He rolled above me as he continued to kiss me, slowly trailing kisses down my jaws.

I let my hands moved up and down his chest as my fingers grazed across his six packs. Ace literally moaned when his erection grazed across my inner thighs, making me shiver in excitement.

Truth to be told, I was already ready for mating.

His erection collided with my womanhood and before long, both of us were moaning as we hastened our speed. I grabbed his hips to steady myself before the climax came.

Very soon, it turned into pleasure as it came to a stop. He got off me and grinned like a fool as he tucked his arm under my head. "I love you, babe. Though it wasn't my ideal place to mate with you, but it was amazing." His words made me roll my eyes in disbelief.

"Don't say it was me who can't control myself. You were the one who started it." I retorted, taking in deep breathes to calm myself.

"Anything for you, babe."

We laid under the sun for god knows how long as our fingers were interlocked together. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked, making me shift to face him. I nodded for him to continue.

I watched as the stubbles grown on his jaws tickled my hand as he kissed my knuckles. "How many pups do you want us to have? Mom said twelve would be good." At his words, my eyes widened in disbelief.

"Are you going to treat me like a hen? I am so not going to give birth to twelve pups for you. That's out of the question."

He chuckled deeply at my response and fingered with his jaws. What was he thinking? "Maybe we should have twelve pups." He said, making me punch him on his chest.

He groaned as he looked at me, hurt evident on his face. "You hit my old wound." At his words, I panicked as I hovered above him.

"Where? Where does it hurts?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as my face collided with his chest. "I enjoy the feeling of having your body over mine." He mumbled, making me grunt in response.

I glanced up and glared at him as I tried to get up. Strong arms pulled me down as they secured my body to him. I ignored the tingles which affected me when he made contact with me, making me grunt in frustration.

"Stop struggling, babe. I know you like it." He grinned, pecking on my forehead and laying back down. Defeated, I laid down beside him and began drawing circles with my index finger on his chest.

I can't help but to find myself smiling because of him. A mate who I had never wished for when I was in a state of mess. He was the mate who never once gave up and left me when I pushed him away. He never questioned about my past for fear of rubbing salt onto my wound.

He was a mate that I could have never deserved to have. But it was the moon goddess who paired us together. For once, I was beginning to trust someone so wholeheartedly and opening up to him.

To me, it was indeed difficult. But being with him makes it much simpler. I had never regretted loving him. And I will, forever in my lifetime, love him like he always have.

I want to have a pup with him. I want to be a good mother and a good mate. I want a complete family which I had never had in my life. And it all started with how an Alpha's son, who never gave up on a broken girl.

Catch me, if you can...

A/N _ Vote, Comment and Share!

Add this book to your library and reading list if you've enjoyed.