Chapter Two

Connor, my Elementary best friend. He moved to Nevada a couple years ago because his dad was moved to a different military base. We stopped talking completely because he doesn't a phone at his new place and I always forgot to write him letters.

"CONNOR!!"

"Miss me Klorvil?" he winked

I'm at loss for words at the sight of Connor. He was so cute, and obviously all those Las Vegas casino girls (he lives on the strip), made him a big, fat flirt. I blush and smile, but I don't say anything. I had always had a crush on Connor but I never told him, I guess seeing him brought back old daydreams and memories.

"I have something to tell you Klorvil, so why don't you get in the car and I'll tell you?" he says.

I say yes and he helps me put my bike in the trunk of his car, as I'm about to get into the Corvet, Noel comes up and taps me on the shoulder.

I turn around and scowl, "What do you want Noel? I thought you didn't want to see me around and quite frankly I don't want to see you either!"

"Nah, I was messing with you babe, I just wanted to ask you if you'd go on a date with me. What do you say? A night with Noel Thomas sounds pretty fun hey?" he asks while winking.

"No. Bye Noel."

I get into Connor's car and tell him to hit the gas pedal and drive away. I look back and see Noel standing in the cars exhaust, with a smug look on his face. Why is he so annoying, I don't undertstand boys. I look over at Connor and watch him drive with deep concentration. I surpress a giggle at how concentrated he is. Quizzacly he looks at me and smiles. I really did miss his perfect looks. We drive on main street for a while and go over the tracks heading to my side of town. We take the second left and he stops right infront of my house. I slightly open my door, but Connor reaches over and closes the car door. I drop my hand onto my lap and stare out the windshield unsure of what to say or do.

"Sara, I don't think you know how much I missed you. I spent all my hours alone thinking about you. I kid you not, I stopped dating for three years because I thought that if I ever came back you'd be with me. I know that this is all straight forward but I love you."

He leans forward and grabs my face, as he's about to kiss me, I put my fingers between our lips and speak, "Connor, I used to totally love you but I've moved on. I'm really sorry, but I'm not interested in being your girlfriend. I mean you've dated, what fifteen girls in the past four years. I have never dated anybody and what happens if you move on? Do I just move on and pretend that I don't notice you whenever I see you in the halls at school? You're my oldest friend, I just don't want to get hurt. Connor, I love you believe me but I don't think we are meant to be."

Sighing, he pounds his fists on the driving wheel. After he finishes his little tantrum he reaches over again and opens my door. I look at him in shock and begin to speak, "Con-"

"Get out Sara. If you ever get in trouble don't call me and don't expect me to be thrilled if I am your rebound."

Tears swell up in my eyes, I lean over and hug him tightly whispering that I'm sorry and that he will always be my closest friend. I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of his blue corvet. He drives away just as I close the door. I walk into the house and feel tears explode from my tear ducts. I run to my room and blast The Rolling Stones. I lay on my bed and think about everything that has happened today:

I meet Noel, who's head is screwed on way too tight

Connor gives me a lift home and tries to kiss me

Noel asked me out on a date and I declined

Connor decides he hates me and tells me to stop talking to him.

I grip my pillow and cry out my feelings. An hour and a half later somebody knocks on my bedroom door.

"Sara, dinner is ready," my stepbrother tells me.

"I'm not hungry Kian, tell mom and Joseph for me please."

His feet walk away from my door and I just stay in the same place unmobile. What's the point of moving? It's not like I have a reason too, I mean my Krissy, my best friend decides that her dumb boyfriend Damion is much more important than I am, Connor, my oldest friend shut me out because I'm not inlove with him, and Noel, the thick-headed buttface, asks me out. Yep, my theory is confirmed, the fates have it out for me, they totally hate me.

"Honey? Can Joseph and I come in?"

Ugh, mom go away, you can't help me. This isn't the 50's. Like please leave right now. You and Joseph can't help me. I mean your marriage isn't even that good! You always fight and Joseph sometimes see's other women.

"No mom, I'll eat the leftovers before Oakley gets home."

I suppouse you should know who is living in my little house:

Mom, the cook, cleaner and tidier of the house

Joseph, the worker of the house, you will always see him grading papers.

Kian, the youngest of the family, possibly my second favourite

Oakley, my older brother, my favourite in the family, he is a walking fountain of knowledge, and the only person I trust.

Then there is me, Sara, the unusual daughter of Sally Ratouri, the good girl who doesn't have a mark on her criminal record and always follows the rules, at least that's what my family and friends think.

"Okay honey, Joseph and I are going out to a movie. Make sure Kian doesn't get into any trouble!"

"Whatever mom," I mutter.

I hear the front door close, and for a while it's quiet, peaceful almost. But obviously Kian had to ruin my tranquility. He barges into my room and sits on my window sill. We sit in silence for a while until he opens his trap, "Sara what's happening? I get that I'm only 14 but I should at least have some understanding of what's happening to you. I'm only three years younger than you. Man, you are old! haha! But what is it?"

I don't look him in the face, sighing I pursue my lips, "Kian, you are only 14, I can't place my life burdens on you! You're too young, when you are 16 or 17, then I'll tell you but you are much to little now. Go pick out a movie okay? I will make you popcorn. No arguing!"

He leaves my small dwelling and picks a movie. I make the popcorn. We sit down on the fading brown couch in front of our crappy telly and watch the movie. It was a Disney movie to be exact.

{short again! Well it's actually around 1032 words, but whatever. I'm sorry if my book is disapointing! I am trying really hard!!}