Chapter 9

Baekhyun woke up with the warm sunlight on his face.  His eyes squinted against the bright light before he rolling over to one side of the bed where the sunlight couldn't reach him.  As much as he wanted to go back to sleep, he wouldn't be able to do so especially with the smell of breakfast (bacon and eggs).

When he sat up on the bed, he felt a slight pain on his back.  The events from last night started to play in his head.  He figured he must have gotten a bruise on his back.  His wrist felt fine though.  He unconsciously blushed as he remembered how good it felt to have Chanyeol massage his hand.

He washed his face and made sure he looked pretty decent and presentable before going down the stairs.  When he arrived in the kitchen, he smiled at the sight of Chanyeol cooking breakfast.  Then he frowned when he saw that they actually had company in a form of... "Kris."

"Congratulations on becoming an official member of the Red Riding Hood Society."

Baekhyun didn't know if Kris was being sincere about it because Kris talked in his usual calm voice.  "What are you doing here?"  He was very curious as to how Chanyeol and Kris knew each other.

"It's mating season."  Kris replied, calm as ever.

Baekhyun's jaw dropped to the ground.

"I only said it's mating season.  I didn't say anything about Chanyeol and I having sex."  Kris snickered.  

Kris had always been the serious type.  He basically always carried a serious atmosphere wherever he went, so Baekhyun was surprised that Kris was joking with him.  He wondered if Kris made jokes and played around with Suho when there's privacy between just the two of them.

"Kris is hiding.  He never went back to the wolf pack since he was kicked out from the Red Riding Hood Society.  He is basically deemed as a traitor by Blue Wolves now."  Chanyeol explained as he served their breakfast.

Baekhyun was amused at how his breakfast had 2 egg yolks and 1 long bacon stripe which basically made his breakfast looked like a smiling face.  The other bacon stripes were formed as some sort of weird hairstyle. He looked at Kris' breakfast and saw that it had 5 egg yolks formed into a flower and a bacon stripe as the stem.  Lastly, Chanyeol's breakfast simply looked completely normal.  

"Can we switch breakfast? You're giving me too much cholesterol with all these egg yolks."  Kris pulled Chanyeol's plate to his place while his pushed his own plate towards Chanyeol.

Baekhyun's mind drifted back to the name Blue Wolves which originated from the original members of the pack ruled by the Lycan family with their very dark blue fur which almost looked like black.  Currently, the pack was mixed with different type of wolves especially since the leader who is a Lycan decided to expand their territory and welcomed any werewolf to the pack as long as they meet the certain conditions.

Then Baekhyun's mind drifted back to the present.  He watched as Kris and Chanyeol started eating their breakfast.  He decided he should start eating as well.  It was the first time he ate breakfast slowly.  Back in their hideouts, Baekhyun always woke up late and never had much breakfast.  He would eat his breakfast quickly or simply skip it so he could start training or whatever else he was supposed to do.  Eating proper breakfast was a rare thing for Baekhyun.  It was even rarer to be feeling so relaxed and not in a hurry when eating breakfast.

"Enjoying breakfast?"  Chanyeol asked as he noticed the smile on Baekhyun face.

"Of course, he is.  I think it might be the first time I've seen him actually have a proper breakfast."  Kris answered since Baekhyun's mouth was currently full with food.