Chapter 5

Sangs POV

I follow Marc to the elevator and we get out on the seventh floor and we go to room 737, he opened the door and I quickly noticed most of the guys were sitting on a faux leather couch and some were seated on a coffee table. Sean sat quietly on the edge of the couch. The smell of coffee hung in the air it was really strong and it made my nose tickle a little. I gently rubbed at it but tried to look completely composed.

Marc pulled up a bar stool for me and I gratefully sit down on it and suffer through a little bit of a struggle for it was taller then I was used to, my legs dangled a bit. He sits on the coffee table next to Brandon. "So you're a Ghost Bird?" Corey asks me with a sweet little smile, I loved how friendly he was. I nod awkwardly. "What exactly is a Ghost Bird?" Kevin asks in a gravely voice I wasn't really sure what to think of him. It didn't really seem like he wanted me here, which I guess I could understand. I was coming into his team and he didn't know me.

"She doesn't exist." Sean replies for me before I could say anything. "Doesn't exist?"  Raven asks he brows drawing together in slight confusion. I meet his eyes and can't help but be drawn to the intensity behind them. "Do you want to tell them or should I?" He asks turning to me. "I will." I say a little quietly. It was my story. It should be me.

"My mother and father were related, they were first cousins. She was sixteen and he was twenty-five and already married with a daughter when he got her pregnant with me. It was a home birth from what we can gather and my father took me quickly after I was born. Told his wife that I was his sisters baby and that they needed to take care of me. I never got a real birth certificate or a social security card I didn't know any of this until I was sixteen. Both my birth certificate and social security card were copies of my older half sisters. Mr. Blackbourne found this out quickly after meeting me and requesting a background check on me."

I look to Sean to make sure this is correct and he nods. "Around that."

"So the team I was with started to make my past school records disappear. But keeping the school I was currently with records." I told them. "What about the doctors or dentist?" Marc asks me.

"I've never been to the dentist. But I have been to see Dr. Roberts but those visits weren't put on any records." I say.

"So when did you find out that you didn't exist?"Axel asks me. "At my first Academy camp a few years ago."

"You were there at Hunting Island?" Kevin asks and I nod. "Oh that's why you look familiar you sat with us during introductions." Brandon says. "Yeah I did. I kind of got lost. I couldn't find the girls I was with or any one from my team." I confess.

Marc nods. "You did look lost." he says nodding. "But I didn't know you were with other girls I thought you were with him." He gestures to Sean who just looks kind of confused.

"These girls that I met on our first day at camp, which was a day before everyone else was scheduled to be there, saw me in the restroom and asked if I wanted to go with them to do introductions the day the official camp started they insisted I go with them, So I was kind of forced to go with, I didn't mind I think I was just nervous about meeting other people without anyone I was actually close too. They had given me spicy vegan burrito that I tried to eat but the spice was too strong so I ended up throwing it away when we reached a trash can I turned around to find that they were gone, and that's when I ran into you." I say and Marc nods in understanding.

"You were with a girl at camp. Did she make it?" I asked. The stillness in the air grew quickly awkward. "It didn't work out." Corey says quickly. "She couldn't handle it. But she's happier now. She's married with a two year old." Kevin says.

"She could've handled it if she tried." Raven says.

"She could've tried a lot harder then she did. Lasted a month." Corey says his hands tightening into fists with a grim expression. Axel nods. "If she really wanted to try she would have. I guess it wasn't meant to be."

"Was it a trusting exercise gone wrong?" Sean asks a little confused.

"Kind of. The counsel agreed that if she could handle not having any contact with a certain individual then she would be considered to join us as her starter team but she couldn't even handle two weeks."

"How long was she supposed to not have contact?" I ask.

"Two months." He says.

"That person must be very important to her." I say. Wondering how hard it would've been to stay away from any of the boys for two months. Imagining the counsel telling me that the only way I could be in the boys team was to leave them for two months. That would be hard for me to deal with too. I know at sixteen I could hardly handle going a few days without seeing even one of them.

"Well she married him." Kevin points out. I nod understanding. I could tell on the other boys faces they were hurt about her choice. They must have been pretty close to her too.

" So what happened to your birth mother?" Brandon asks changing the subject.

"She actually committed suicide a couple days after giving birth to me." I tell them. "I'm so sorry Sang." Corey says I smile softly at him. "Thank you." I tell him.

"So why do you think Phil would want you two together on a team?" Axel asks. Sean and I look at each other. "Phil knows we have worked great together in the past and we're familiar with each other." Sean offers.

"When did you two break up anyway. " Corey asks his eyes kind.

I hesitate. "Uh about two weeks ago." I say.

"Two weeks?!" Raven asks. "This will never work." He throws his hands up in the air.

"People break up for a reason, it didn't work out. So how can we trust you guys can work together and not risk any of our lives if you guys can't handle it?" Brandon asks.

"We can be civil." I say quietly.

"Not from what we've already seen back there." Kevin says.

"We'll work on it." I offer.

"I hope so. We're letting both of you on to our team even if it doesn't work out after the trial time we still need to work together as a team, that means trust each other and getting along." Axel says. "Do you two agree to try?"

"I agree." I say nodding my head.

"I also agree to try." Sean says brushing some curly locks out of his eyes. His gaze meeting mine.

Do you think we can get along? He asks me silently.

I find myself shrugging We should be fine. We can be civil with each other.

He simply nods and shrugs. I can be civil not sure about you he silently quips.

What's that supposed to mean? I ask with a glare.

We broke it off with you, I wouldn't be too surprised if you felt bitter towards that.

My fists tighten in annoyance. Yet I'm the one who brought up taking a break first. That means that both parties weren't happy. I glare at him.

His eyes flash with hurt and he pulls up a mask. Not letting me in anymore. I sigh and happen to glance around at the guys that surround us, I had totally forgotten we had an audience and I feel myself blush deeply. We get a few odd looks but the same look is behind all of their eyes, they are impressed, and I'm not entirely sure why.