Prologue

I had never given much thought to who my mate would be or exactly how drastic the change in my lifestyle would be but I should have. With the fate of the world on our shoulders it seems almost impossible to think about the fact that, only a little while ago, I was the best warrior in my pack, in the United States. 

"What are you doing?" his voice was soft, cautious, as if trying to not frighten me. Funny, really, when you think about it, him being a demon and all.

Facing the door, I bowed my head, not wanting to look him in the eyes. I don't want to make this harder for myself.

"I'm leaving." I whispered, almost to myself. Trying to convince myself that I was, in fact, leaving.

"Why?"

"I have to." I refuse to turn around. I know that if I do I won't leave. I would cry and throw myself into his arms and beg for forgiveness.

"You don't have to do anything." He was calm, too calm. Frankly, it scared me. Does he not care that I'm leaving? That his words are the only thing keeping me here?

"If I don't leave, I could kill everyone." I stated in a matter of fact.

"Then so be it." he whispered in my ear. Surprised, I spun around but he was too close and I ran into his chest. I looked up at him, glaring into his eyes that I could have gotten lost in if I wasn't so pissed.

"How could you be okay with everyone dying?" I spit out. He was infuriating. He would be fine watching the world burn.

"No, not everyone. Not you." His face was so close now, if I moved even a centimeter our lips would touch. 

Before I could think another though, he brought his face closer. Our lips brushed and.....

I woke up.

*****
Hello, My Lost Ones! I'm trying my hand at writing a novel. Feel free to comment, give feedback and ask any questions you come up with. For the time being, let me ask YOU a question.
Within all of mythology, what do you wish really existed and why?
If I love your answer I'll possibly add a character in with that mythology.
Don't forget to vote!
Until Next Time!
~ Lost One