Still Into You

The couple rolled around in the king sized bed. They were having a heated kissing session, as well as a conversation.

"Jack I'm still into you," The girl rolled around on top of her boyfriend, and looked into his eyes. "After two years, I'm as in love with you as I was the first time I said so in Fintan's ball alley,"

In reply, Jack pulled her mouth to his. His felt his way through her glossy long hair, starting at her scalp before running his hands down her locks, down her back until they landed at her backside. There was urgency in his movements as he clasped at the waistband of his girlfriend's shorts.

"Jack..." She murmured a slight warning in her voice.

"Kate babe...I want you," Jack's gaze penetrated through the darkness, holding Kate in place.

"Jack, I told you before I came here tonight that I wasn't having sex with you,"

Jack went cold above her. He rolled off her and sat on the edge of the bed.

She could feel the hurt rolling off her boyfriend in waves.

"You're still in to me? You still love me? Kate, it's been weeks!"

Kate crawled over to Jack, catching him round the middle and wrapping her legs around him. She rested her head on his back.

"Yes,"

Jack was silent. Kate could feel his heartbeat under t-shirt, thumping fast.

"Kate...I can't do this anymore," Jack spoke like a man who had chosen his words very carefully.

He stood up from the bed leaving a gaping Kate behind him. He walked over to the dresser, clenched at the smooth oak before turning back to his first serious girlfriend. She had stayed sitting on the bed in the position he had left her with. Her legs were still wide and her arms drooped to her sides, the shape of a collapsed hug. As soon as the pair made eye contact, something inside Kate snapped. She knew he was talking about their relationship. She sprung up from her position anger clouding her expression.

"Enough? Enough of what exactly, Jack Ryan! Can't go 2 weeks about some action?! What are you a dog?!"

Anger shook Kate's long frame. Jack, on the other hand remained a forced calm.

"Kate..."

"Don't you Kate me!" Tears started to sting at Kate's eyes, but she fought them back. "Does two years mean nothing to you?"

She turned away from the boy she loved as the tears stared to roll down her face. "I love you, Jack! I fucking love you!" Her voice shook with tears.

Jack stood in his spot in front of his dresser. He was determined to end this here.

"I can't be with someone who can't cater my needs,"

Kate spun around. Make-up streaked down her face and her hair hung down her back tousled from earlier events. Jack averted his eyes, guilt welling up inside him.

"Cater your needs?!" Hatred had replaced Kate's heartbreak.

"Who was there when you broke your leg during hurling season? Who supported you for months while your leg healed? Who babysat your baby sister when you were too drunk to walk? Who did all those things? Who was it that catered for your needs then?!" Every syllable was spat at Jake with hatred.

Jack stood silent. None of Kate's words had any effect on his decision.

Kate raked her hands through her hair and paced around the room.

"Don't you love me?" Kate turned to face her boyfriend.

He stood firm in his spot, pushing his feelings down.

"The sex was the only thing that stopped me from dumping you a year ago,"

And with that last sentiment, Kate fled the room the tears viciously starting again.

* * *

Two years had passed since that faithful day of Kate and Jack's breakup, and I can tell you a lot had changed.

Kate was now eighteen, with a college education in her sights. Kate had been accepted to one of the best colleges in the world, with an academic sports scholarship. She had moved on with her life, and she was on the road to success.

Jack on the other hand, had done something equally impressive; he had become one of the most successful singers on the planet.

What would happen when one little interview exposed the couple to the world? Whose life would be put in more jeopardy, Kate's or Jack's? Read their story and find out...