9

I couldn't stay at Josie's last night, meaning I had to stay in that house and try not to get hit. I stayed up, sitting incase he came in. He came home with some slut he met at a bar, apparently the same kind of slut I am. I changed into a similar dress as yesterday, but the material satin. How long could I avoid pe for?

I was at school early, studying did the exams soon. I needed to focus on university. After all, it is the only important thing to me. I don't even know what I'm studying, looking at the pages make me feel better. I don't understand how he could say that. No matter what I did, Colby was always on my mind. I was so tired. I drank coffee, but I couldn't stay awake. I left the library, looking for somewhere to sleep. I found myself in the gym, sleeping on one of the mats I was thrown on too.

I dreamt of Colby, and I hated it.

His hand touched mine, waking me from my sleep. My hand was rested on my stomach, a bump underneath. He looked down at me, kissing me gently.

"I put him down for a nap" he whispered, laying next to me. His arms wrapped around my body, his hands resting on my bump. "I can't wait to meet her" he whispered.

"Neither can I" I said back, grabbing his hands in mind.

"Imagine if you hadn't have been paying attention" he said with a laugh. "We wouldn't be here."

His face rested on my neck as he squeezed my hand. "We wouldn't have him, we wouldn't have her" he said, motioning to my bump. "And we wouldn't have this" he ran his hand over my ring finger, the diamond shining against the light. "I wouldn't have you."

"Charli"
"Charli"
"Charli"

I opened my eyes to see Colby standing above me.

"Charli what are you doing?" He asked quietly, kneeling next to me.

"What time is it?" I asked, sitting up.

"Nearly lunch" he whispered. "Why are you sleeping here?" He asked even though he knew the answer.

"Couldn't sleep last night, didn't know what he would do" I mumbled, pulling my dress down.

He sighed and grabbed hold of me. "Come on" he said, picking me up and carrying me to his office. He sat me down on his desk, in front of his chair.

"Charli we need to talk" he said, not making eye contact. "I'm sorry" he looked up at me, like he was pleading with me to forgive him.

"Colby, you called me a crack whore, a slut" I said I disbelief. "I almost had to tell Josie about the abuse so she didn't know about you."

He looked down, fiddling with his hands. "I was angry I'm sorry."

I laughed, "look me in the eye"

"What?"

"Look me in the eye, and tell me your sorry for calling me a crack whore, an attention seeking slut, and it's no wonder that my mother left" I demanded.

I hated this man, but I couldn't stay away.

"I'm sorry for calling you a crack whore, attention seeking slut, and that your mother left because she knew what you would be" he said, not breaking eye contact.

"Charli" he started. "I was calling you immature for drinking and taking drugs but I'm immature for abusing you" he admitted. "You're young, this is what young people do" he sighed. "Charli I can't stay away from you, you mean so much to me."

"Colby" I interrupted him. "What you said to me-"

"I will never say again, please Charli" his eyes were begging me. "Please give me one more chance"

Did he need another chance?

"Please" he had tears in his eyes.

I nodded my head, "okay."

He grabbed me off the desk, pulling me into his arms. "Thank you" he whispered. Don't let me down Colby.

"I read your poem" he said, making me look at him. "I saw your art" he added. "Am I really that annoying when I play video games?"

"Colby, you made me sit in a corner when I told you to shut up" he read the poem. I didn't want him to see the art, he knew it was about him.

"Sorry" he mumbled, pulling me close. "Secret lovers" he said, "is that why their hair covers their face?" I nodded.

"Can I go home?" I asked him. I was tired and I just wanted a bed.

"You can't go back there Charli" he said, shaking his head. "I'll take you back to mine" he said, lifting me off him.

"You can sleep all you want" he added.

I nodded, just waning to sleep. No one looked as we walked out of the gym and over to his car. I missed his house.

"I'd like to try again" he said as he drove.

"I gave you-"

"No I'd like to try for the proper relationship that the had, and be better." I nodded remembering the dream I had. We were married with one child and another on the way.

Colby kissed my cheek before he headed back to school. I waked around he house stripping myself of my clothes as I got to his bedroom. His black sheets awaited me as I laid in just my underwear. I missed work. I know Colby wants me to quit, but It gives me good confidence. Drifting to sleep, I thought of Colby and I's future.

I felt arms reach around me, making me look over to see the curly mop of Colby.

"Have a good sleep?" He asked me, cuddling into me. "You been asleep all day."

School must have ended. The safety I felt in his arms was none that I had felt before.

"How about we have dinner and talk?" His beard ticking my neck.

"How about we just have dinner?" I turned around to peck his lips. We didn't have anything to talk about.

Unedited.