PEEPPER (the third story)

Douglas likes watching people. He particularly liked to walk his little dog at night and look into their windows. He knew the approximate schedule of everyone in his neighborhood. He also knew which houses did not close their shades all the way. He also knew which neighbors we couples, or lesbians, or gay. Or which single person liked to watch pornography by themselves and especially the women who would orgasm while he watched. 

But it was one particular couple he liked to watch more than the others. They did not seem completely together in their relationship. Oh, they had sex from time to time. He had watched them. But their lovemaking, if it could be called that, did not seem to be any attachment on the man's part. The girl, she couldn't be more than 20 or so, would give the man a blow job or let him enter her vagina (never her ass) and he would pump away and then he would withdraw from the girl and jerk off either onto her stomach or back depending on which position they were using. The next evening while he would be gone the girl could be counted on to strip naked, lay on the sofa, and masturbate until with a moan she would orgasm wetly.

From his vantage points, he could see she was fairly tall. Almost up to Douglas' shoulder, She had dark flowing hair worn mostly in a loose ponytail. Very little makeup. She shaved her genitals and had firm young breasts. 

Douglas felt sorry for her and kept playing different scenarios where he would be able to rescue her from this non-relationship. Because while he watched there were times when the girl would walk around their place completely nude and the guy would either kiss their dog or stare at his cell phone. He hated the man. Douglas came to loathe his very existence. He also observed that every Friday evening when they came in from work the couple would order pizza. So he got himself a job as a deliverer and made sure he was working on Fridays.

Two weeks after starting his part-time job he got the chance he was looking for. The couple's name and address were handed to him. He drove up to their house and rang the bell. The door was opened by the girl. He handed her the pizza box without saying anything. SHe said, "Just a minute", and taking the box disappeared into the house. She returned in a minute with the money for the pizza plus a five dollar tip. He was very hesitant to take it but he did not want to seem out of place. He said, "Thank you and have a good evening."

The girl looked at him with what he could only interpret as sad eyes and replied, "It will be OK." and closed the door. He resisted the urge to smash open the door, throttle the guy, and whisk her away. But not tonight. Not until ... he let the thought die in his head.

The next Friday he was back with their pizza. The same sad-eyed girl opened the door. He suspected she was being treated as a slave-wife. He tried to be cheerful when he greeted her saying, "Hello. How are you?", as he handed her the box. 

He was answered by a long sigh.

"Is everything alright?", he asked.

Another sigh when she took the box. The girl shook her head no as she handed him the money and his tip before closing the door. That night he watched as they ate their pizza and the man had his version of sex. As soon as he was finished he pulled up his pants, picked up his cell phone and acted as if she was not there. Douglas could see tears running down her cheeks as the guy began cuddling with their dog while punching buttons on his phone.

The next Friday he was back at their door. But this time ti girl whispered, "Why do you always come here?"

Douglas looked past her into their house and whispered back, "Because you looked so sad the first time I saw you. Are you OK?"

From inside the house, he heard his voice call out, "what's taking so long? I'm hungry." The girl gave a shocked look on her face. As she handed him the money he felt a small lump between the bills. She said thank you and again closed the door.