Chapter 6

~Rae's P.O.V.~

When I said that Alex had turned towards Layla his aura changed as well, from where I was standing his eyes were icy blue and he wasn't very happy. "What do you mean by 'this isn't good' Rae?" Bri asked me worried. I pointed towards them, "Focus on trying to see their auras and tell me if they look human to you." One by one they focused their attention to their auras and gasped as they realized they weren't the same as before. "That can't be right! How did that happen?" this time it was May who spoke. "Wait a minute," Tate said, "doesn't Layla usually chase Alex inside the house until they break something or run into a wall?" All of them were quiet for a moment as they thought back when Layla and Alex did this.

Bri looked at me half scared, then Tate and then May. "Does this mean..." May started to say in a small voice. "Yes, it means the spirit of the animals that they transformed into took over them," I explained quickly, "when they are inside they are more in control of the form they are in but outside they lose the link to their human selves-" Before I could finish Layla and Alex started to circle each other, and then in a blink of an eye they started to fight. All I could hear was their growling and their thoughts unable to identify their language. Their aspects were that of an animal and not humans.

In all my years of being a Miko I've never witnessed something like this, I don't even recall this ever happening to someone who could take form of a creature and is consumed by its spirit. I couldn't remember at any point in my studies reading this sort of thing happening. "We've got to stop them before they kill each other" I said in a firm tone. "But how?" said Bri. "They won't listen to us-," started May and a shriek from Bri cut her off. When we turned to look, Layla was now a beta-panther ready to attack Alex again in his beta-wolf form. It looked to us that they didn't care about their surroundings I'm guessing.

Bri and May looked like they had seen a ghost, but what they really didn't know is that I've witnessed worse things than this. It took me and Tate a couple of minutes to calm them down, and when we did I made them face the house in order to keep them from losing their cool again. Then I made a barrier to keep the noises out, and concentrating on keeping it up until I explained what we had to do to bring them back. "Okay listen," I started, "I have a plan to make them come back to us but it's not going to be easy if I don't have your full confidence and cooperation." I watched them carefully studying their reactions, and I noticed the girls were calmed and I had their attention.

"And that is?" asked May. I noticed she was trying to forget the fight that was happening behind her, because her voice was trembling a bit. "We must have their attention in order to make them snap out of their forms. Taking them out of their beta forms is the main priority." Bri nodded her head agreeing along with May and Tate. "I see," she said. "I'm guessing that you want us to split up: Bri and I distract Layla, while you and Tate distract Alex. Am I correct?" May assumed. For once in my life I felt annoyed by May; I regret teaching her telepathy.

"Right what May said," I said hiding my annoyance. Note to self: keep mind closed from May, who knows what else she read in my mind. "You guys know the drill; we have to use the extra skills we learned from surviving." They all hesitated for a moment but agreed to that, and then one by one they started to change forms becoming the alpha of them. Since Tate and I are the same age we decided to change into a black and a gray alpha male wolf, while Bri and May changed into Alpha female panthers. I took the barrier down and we took off towards them hoping to stop their act.