Ch.13

A few voices could be heard. They sounded like they were coming from outside the door, but I couldn't tell.

I was trying to make sense of this all. I truly didn't know what was going on. I struggle in on the table. This place looks like a hospital, a place most people aren't very fond of.

I struggle more and more as the voices get louder, though they're already right outside so they're just talking louder.

"Sir, ma'am, your daughter will be safe with us," says a male voice, probably the doctor. It sounds oddly familiar.

Footsteps and then whispers, "sweetie, do you think it's safe to leave our child here?"

"Maybe it isn't, honey. But we can't keep her, we really can't."

"But—."

"No buts. We have to leave little (Y/N) here so that she can control her powers. We can't let her destroy us, honey."

"Ok, sweetie."

And then footsteps. It goes quiet for a while and I can hear my heartbeat.

Was that my parents? Who was that doctor? Why am I here? Are these memories? Well, they can't be. That wouldn't be good now would it.

A lock clicks and the doctor speaks, "hello,
(Y/N), your patient number is 208, you got it?"

I nod at him. This guy looks like... my dad? Younger, of course. But why does he look like my dad, the person I live with. This... this is getting weird.

"Alright. If you could please sit up slowly," he releases the things holding me down and I sit up.

With my new sight range, I look around the room. There's a few cabinets and a lot of needles. It gives me chills. This is definitely a doctors office of some sort.

"Good, good job," he smiles at me. A feeling of nostalgia runs through me and I remember that this is my dad but younger.

I still greatly confused as my dad, the doctor. He doesn't seem to notice the look and continues on with what he's doing, testing my muscles? Something like that.

He bends my arm and I hear my elbow crack. My arm suddenly looks broken and the doctors speaks again.

But instead of words there's a series of clicks and buzzes. I shake my head and stutter, "wait, w-wait, wait. G-go back—."

"Rewinding," the voice says, sounding kind of smug. The doctor stands there, buzzing. His words are blocked out of my mind and suddenly, the lights dim before turning off completely.

I close my eyes, scared of the buzzing and the dark and the surrounding that are all new, and the people that could hurt me. A deep panic had settled into my soul and I hadn't even realized it was there.

I lift my hands slowly, covering my face. This was... this was all too much. Too much stuff, too much information. Too much... well, everything!

Suddenly, the buzzing abruptly stops. It feels like there light on my skin and I take my hands off my face. My eyes are still closed because I didn't want to look.

After a few minutes of pure hesitation, I open my eyes. I'm no longer sitting on a hospital bed. Instead, I sit atop a normal bed.

I look around. I'm finally not being held down by something.

The room had dark wood floors and walls that had fields drawn into them. It looked like a kids room. But I'm not a kid.

I look down at myself and gasp as I see myself in a child's body. Everything is getting weirder.

I hear a knock at the door and look up again. Someone stands there, looking straight at me but not in a creepy way.

"Hey, sweetie, I decided to check in on you after I heard your gasp," he says, his words sounding like honey. Soothing and sweet.

Another person steps into the doorway, a woman who holds onto the mans arm.

"You okay, honey," she asks me. I nod at the two of them, signaling that I'm okay. But I'm really not.

They give me a skeptical look before turning and walking away. I hold back a sigh of relief as I look around the room again.

This place feels oddly familiar. My brain buzzed and I feel a memory start coming in. A scream rips through the air.

I rush out of the room and downstairs.

"Hello?" I yell. No response. I rush around the house and eventually find myself in what looks like the kitchen.

A fire is taking over everything. The table is on fire, the stove is on fire, all the cabinets are on fire.

A man stands in the middle of it all, holding both the adults from before captured. The two from before looked terrified of the fire and the man, but the man looked calm... he actually looked happy. And evil.

"What are you doing," I yelled, genuinely worried about the two-from-before's well being.

"Why? It's the little girl! Hello, child," his words mended together and sounded like a song with the wrong notes.

It brought chills to me and I feared for myself and the two-from-before. I put out my hand and try to call water.

Normally, I'd use fire. But right now, being surrounded by flames and fighting the man with fire... well, it wouldn't be a very good idea.

I saw a ball of water form and my sight flickered to black before going back. Maybe magic in a child's body isn't the best thing.

But what choice do I have?

I threw a ball of water at the fire and made another to throw at the man. After throwing the ball of water at the man I tried to make another one.

Instead of another water ball, I was met with black and the feeling of my body smacking the floor.

Magic in a child's body really wasn't a good idea. As I fade in and out of consciousness, I hear a voice.

"Second trial faile—."

"I had really hoped."