Epilogue

Alarm goes off. Lauren hits the snooze button once more. "It's Christmas". She wakes up ready for the day. She knows what she has to do.

When finally she walks out of her apartment, Lauren hails for a cab and gives the driver an address in Brooklyn. Lauren walks to the door and buzzes to be let in. As she walks to the apartment door, she breathes a sigh of relief when she hears someone on the other side. They haven't gone to church yet.

Lauren knocks three times and waits for the door to open. She's greeted by Diego and Gianna. "Dr. Bloom. What a nice surprise. Didn't expect you to be here."

"Oh I'm not gonna be staying long. I just wanted to drop this off for Gianna." Lauren pulls a wrapped present from behind her back. "And to apologize for when you came to new Amsterdam. I have no excuse for how I treated you, Diego."

"No. It's ok, Dr. Bloom. You helped my daughter in many ways. Thank you."

"You want to join us?" Gianna asks as she takes the present.

"I wish I could Gianna. But I have to go and run some errands."

"On Christmas Day?"

"Yes. Don't worry. I will be back."

As Lauren gets back into the cab, she calls an unfamiliar number saved on her cell phone. "Dr. Iggy Frome."

"Hey Iggy. It's Dr. Bloom."

"Hey Lauren. How can I help?"

"Um I need to know of any discrete drug treatment centers you can recommend for me. I need help."