The New Kid

"That blows, Pete." Ned looked at his best friend in sympathy, who was slowly hitting his head off the cold cafeteria table.
     Michelle, or MJ as she orders everyone to call her, pipes up from across the table, "Suck it up, Parker. You need friends anyway."
     Peter looked at her, frowning. "You're one to talk." The only response he got was a snort as she looked back down at her book.
     Ned jumped in, trying to lighten the mood. "Look on the brightside...  um..." Peter looked at him, unimpressed. "Well... he could be really nice. Or attractive! Or both!"
     Peter rolled his eyes as he lookedaway. "So what? He's probably a psychopath." Ned looked at MJ for help, who simply shrugged.
     Ned sighed heavily. "C'mon. You only have to show him around for a few days, if that."
     Peter rested his head in his hands. "Yeah, I guess." He swiveled around quickly pointing his finger at Ned. "But! If I get murdered, I'm so going to tell you 'I told you so.'"
     Ned frowned. "Fair enough."

The next day brought Peter standing at the too small, front doors of his school, waiting for the new kid, who with every passing minute seemed more likely to be a no-show.
     Peter glanced at his phone, checking the time just as he heard a loud and obnoxious car pull into the lot. 'No way' Peter thought as the new kid stepped out of the old, red Corvette. He looked around for a second before noticing Peter and bouncing over to him.
     "Hey sweet cheeks." The new kid winked at him as he bounded up the stairs. Peter coughed, readjusting his glasses while eyeing him up and down. Ned was right. This guy was attractive. Tight blue jeans, a Marilyn Monroe t-shirt partially covered with a leather jacket. And that face... blue eyes, blonde hair and scruff.
     "You must be Wade Wilson." Peter checked the time again. Frowning.
     Wade smirked. "That's me, but I don't think I got your name, hun." He leans over him slightly as Peter turns, walking toward the door and motioning Wade to follow. Wade laughed lightly as he hurried behind Peter.
     "My name is Peter, so you can stop with the pet names." Peter pushed open the doors, heading  to the right walking the short distance to the main office. "Good morning, Mrs. Bailey."
     A short plump faced woman popped her head up from behind the tall desk. "Oh hello, Peter. Good morning. You're in here early today."
     Peter smiled motioning toward Wade, who was standing slightly behind him. "Yep. I have to show the new student, Wade Wilson around, before class."
     "Right! Sorry, Pete. I haven't had my coffee yet." She smiled kindly as she filled out two hall passes. When she finished, she handed Peter the passes and two copies of Wade's schedule. She looked up at him, who stood a few inches taller than Peter. "Don't worry hun, the school won't seem so big once you get used to it."
     Wade smiled widely. "No worries, beautiful." She blushed, laughing as she shooed them out of the office.
     They left quickly as Peter handed Wade his schedule. "Well, Wade, we have forty-five minutes before first period. Let's go."
     They go through all the classes, save for first period. This took slightly longer than Peter had thought due to Wade getting distracted multiple times. They finally made it to his first period with five minutes to spare.
     "Why do I have german class?" Wade asked as they walked through the foreign language hallway.
     "Our school needs two foreign credits to graduate. Besides, you'll like the teacher. She's very nice." Peter says with a smile as he knocks on the door. A short, skinny, poofy haired woman opened the door with a large smile.
     "Peter! How are you?" She opened the door farther, beckoning then in.
     "I'm good, Mrs. Deal. How are you?" Peter followed Mrs. Deal to her desk as Wade trailed behind them.
     "I'm great! So who is this new face?" She smiled sweetly at Wade, who under her caring gaze, deemed somehow awkward.
     "I'm Wade Wilson, I'm new and apparently this is my first period-"
     "Oh! Yes, of course." She flipped through some papers on her desk before eventually giving up and standing by a desk close to her's. "So this will be your desk. Sorry. I know that kids dont really like to sit next to the teacher," she smiled stmpathically, "but I though you might need some catching up considering you'll be two months behind."
     Wake smiled. "I don't mind at all." She clasped her hands together right as the bell rang.
     Peter turned to Wade, "We have the same lunch, so I'll see you then." He quickly pulled out a scrap piece of paper and scribbled his number on it before handing it to him. "If you need something, text me." He smiled at him and walked out.

      The rest of the morning was boring for Peter. He made it through his classes, barely staying awake. Finally, when the bell rang for lunch, Peter grabbed his things and ran out if the room heading toward Wade's fifth period, Chemistry.
     "Wade!" Wade spun around, just heading out of class in the wrong direction.
     His face brightened as he saw Peter. "Hey, hey baby boy." Peter scrunched his face as they headed toward the cafeteria. Wade laughed. "You don't like that one?"
     "I don't like any of them." Wade laughed harder at this.
     After they had gotten their lunch, Peter steered Wade to the table where Ned has impatiently tapping his fingers on the table while MJ sketched him, her feet propped up on the corner of the table.
     "Hey, guys." Peter sat beside Ned as Wade slid into the seat across the table, beside MJ.
     "Hey, Peter!" Ned moved his gaze to Wade. "Uh hi. You just be the new kid."
     Wade flashed his signature smile. "Yep. Wade." He held his hand out for Ned to shake. He did as MJ eyed Wade. He turned to look at her, still smiling. "Hey sweet stuff."
     Peter and Ned both whipped their heads up, staring at Wade in horror. MJ calmly set her sketchbook to the side, turning to face Wade completely, a sweet, fake smile on her lips. "Listen, fresh meat, you're new. So. I'll let that comment pass. Call me that, or anything similar again, and I'll make sure they never find your body," She flashed a bright smile. "sweet stuff."
     Wade was speechless for a moment before laughing loudly and turning to Peter. "I like her." MJ glared at him before returning to her sketch.

     The rest of lunch went by uneventful; the four of them attempting small talk before giving up and just letting Wade talk.
     After eighth period, Peter and Wade met up by the front doors, where they had planned to. Peter, of course, had to wait on Wade. "Hey sugar." Wade piped up behind him, catching him off guard.
     "Wade, christ, you scared me!" Peter stumbled slightly, awkwardly straightening his shirt.
     Wade leaned against the brick wall of the school, smiling at Peter. "So, Petey boy," peter looked up, annoyed. "How 'bout you come over to my house for a bit."
     Peter shifted, pulling his sleeves further over this hands. "I don't know... My dad will be expecting me home soon for dinner and... he'll want me home on time or he'll worry-"
     "Peter. Stop freaking out, it's fine." A smile smile on Wade's lips as he held up a hand. "Another time, yeah?"
     Peter nodded, looking away. "Yeah. Another time." Wade waved as he walked back to his car, Peter watching as he drove away.