2) 5 Tips About Titles

If you think about it, titles are pretty much one of the most important things in your book. No one is gonna read your book if you have a terrible or boring title, are they? So here are my 5 tips about titles.

1) Originals And Copies

Have you ever heard of the quote, "You were born original, don't die as a copy"? Well, it's the same for stories! So many people get this wrong! They just copy what everyone else says and if everyone does that, nobody will be able to tell the difference between any books on Wattpad! Here's a title that has made me frustrated!

1: One Direction Adopted Me?

Okay first of all, let me get this straight, isn't everyone story called this? I wouldn't read this, it's just gonna be the same plot as the others, I mean the title gives the whole story away! Okay so 1D adopted you, wow soooooooo realistic (sarcastic voice). Is that really gonna happen and please be original! Make a title interesting, unique, quirky, funny, whatever just don't copy!

2) Length

Llllllllleeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnggggggggggtttttttttthhhhhhhhh..........................

Jee-Whizz, long titles are the worst. Short and punchy titles can really work, some titles that I've seen are BLAZE, AFTER, NEXT, GONE. These draw the readers in whereas the longest titles on Wattpad don't! Here is a very annoying example of a long titles:

1) Why would he go away if I still love him and he still loves me?

Excuse me why? Just... aaaagghhhh! It's just too long, and I need to breathe a couple of times. It's more like a sentence than a title.

3) Boring Titles

"I love him", "Summer", "Love and Hate". Too boring. Go for something mysterious, exotic, exciting! Find some inspiration and just go with whatever takes your fancy. Sorry that part was a bit short, but I don't have nothing else to say about that really.

4) Text Speak Titles

Any title with LOL JK DW WUU2 NM DM... (Etc) doesn't work, it tells you nothing about the story and some people may not understand or find it confusing. And this is the same rule for in stories, don't use txt speak (see what I did there, txt - text speak, no k then, lol I did it agn) except for if its an actual text on a mobile or if its in authors note.

5) Titles That Match

This may seem really obvious but you need to make sure your title matches the story. Don't have a story called 'Dance Love' when it's about scuba divers who get eaten by great whites.

Look around Wattpad, Amazon, Local library's and shops to see what titles match their stories. If you read the blurb (back cover) of the books you'll see that the best selling book's blurbs will match their titles:

Harry Potter- About a guy called Harry Potter

Gone- About a time when the adults are all gone

Girl, missing - About a girl who goes missing

See all these titles match their stories, and you wonder why they're successful?! You may also notice that these titles are simple and not very creative, but they do get the job done.

SOME EXTRA POINTS

So the last thing is just a couple of tricks, tips, advice and yehhhh.

Most people just pick a title like that, but for others they would like to w more creative and take their time. I'm going to list a few different types of titles that you could use:

1) The Name Titles

Pretty self-explanatory. Harry Potter, that's the name of the character. Very simple but once again gets the job done. But just remember if your name is Emma Smith and your character's name is Lucy Jones, people may get confused of who's the author and what the title is.

2) The 'The' Titles

Again, simple titles but can work. 'The hunger games' is a good example, so is 'The twits' and 'The boy in the stripes pyjamas.' If you are writing a book about a whole family, this type is a good one to use. E.g. The Twits, The Heffleys, The Carters.

3) Song Titles

These are very good titles for fan fictions. If you were doing a Little Mix fan fic call it DNA and it could be a mystery story including the girls having to look at people's DNA, I don't know?! Make it creative, (how many times have I said that!)

4) The Statement Titles

A statement. Kind of anything really but try to make it unique, make people curious. 'I'm the victim', 'Red is the devils' name.' (...etc....)

5) Speech Titles

This is quite unusual because most people come up with their title before they write the story. But if you're clever, you can take a sentence, word of something that someone says and make that your title. For example, you're character might say "You've got to be able to believe it", then 'believe it' could possibly be your title.

A-N

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, please request chapters by commenting them on the intro

chapter. Thanks for reading and feel free to critique this book so far and comment any other tips and advice! I'm currently in Spain now, on holiday, so about to jump in the pool! Bye guys!

Mood 😃

Izzy J xxx 👑👑👑