Day 3: Blanket/Cuddle

(I'm back~ Sorry I had to skip yesterday's prompt, I just couldn't get very far with the idea I had. BUT tomorrow's is already well on its way and I'm excited for it! Make sure you're caught up on the BG zombies ships in Limelight for that one ;)

For today, here's some Bronzo fluff ^^)

________________________________________

She had to admit; the best mornings were the mornings when she woke up in Bonzo's arms. And, over the couple of years they'd been together, Bree had decided that the very best of the best was being with him on these cold winter mornings when they'd be snuggled together under the covers, an extra blanket or two layered over them.

Outside, it was still dark and quiet and it felt like they were the only two people in the world. Bree was an early riser and today, just a week away from Christmas, was no different. But once she sat up, stretched and put on her glasses, her eyes fell on her sleeping boyfriend and she couldn't resist the temptation to cuddle up with him again and kiss his forehead. His arms immediately wrapped around her – not even sleep would stop Bonzo from hugging anyone, especially not his garzi'ska. Giggling, Bree nestled into his chest and tugged the blanket back up to cover them both.

As usual, he had stayed up as late as he possibly could working on music for the upcoming Christmas zombie mash until he was blurry-eyed and fading in and out of consciousness. Bree practically had to drag him to bed and bribe him to stay there with kisses and cuddles.

Now, a tiny smile was spreading across his lips and he mumbled in his sleep, "Breeska-greeska..." Bree sighed happily at the nickname, "Zrugra..." Beautiful...

Suddenly his Z-band started beeping and a message flashed on the screen: ELIZA CALLING. Bonzo stirred slightly in his sleep and frowned, prompting Bree to quickly answer the call herself before he was rudely awakened.

"Bonzo? Where the hell are you? There's way too much work to do for you to still be sle-"

"Sssssshhhhhh!" Bree hissed, "He is still sleeping."

She heard a low growl of frustration come from the other end then Eliza's voice returned, a little quieter.

"Did he get those new tracks done last night? 'Cause I still need his help with some set-up and I've got my own plans with my family today. If they're not finished, we're never gonna be ready in time."

Bree rolled her eyes. She was exaggerating. There was plenty of time.

"No, he didn't get them done," she said, careful to keep her voice down, "He was about to collapse from exhaustion, I wasn't gonna let him. But don't worry, he's almost there. I bet he could finish it up this morning, even. Don't go giving yourself a heartbeat over it."

"I swear to Z, Bubbles, you better make sure he does or I'm gonna-"

As her ranting grew steadily louder, Bonzo finally woke up and when he pulled his left hand up to rub his eyes, the shouting coming from his Z-band made him flinch and groan in protest, propping himself up on his elbow. Scowling, he swiped the screen.

"Grozo, 'Lizaka...!" Bye, 'Liza...!

He swiftly ended the call, flopped back down onto the pillow and engulfed Bree in a tight embrace. Eliza would have to wait a little longer.