Ch.1 Unexpected

Alexa's POV

BEEP!
BEEP!
BEEP!

The wonderful sound of my alarm (note the sarcasm) was the first sound that invaded my ears. I groaned and turned it off, not wanting to be disturbed today and as I was  drifting off I remembered that today was my birthday and sat up, not because of the day but because of the ball that will be held in honor of my eighteenth birthday tonight. I groaned again and got out of bed to start my morning routine.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•1Hour later°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

After having a relaxing bath,I found my outfit for the day on my bed, it was a red and white dress that stopped just under my knee and red and white heels to match.

After spending what felt like 20 years getting ready I went downstairs for breakfast and found  my grandmother and my cousins sitting there.

"Good morning" I greeted my cousins who are  twins. "Good morning Alexa" Alex and Alexia said as they looked up from eating for a moment. I went to sit beside my grandma "good morning grandma " I said kissing her cheek before sitting down "good morning Alexa, are you ready for tonight?" She asked taking  a sip of her tea."Yes the only thing I need to go pick up is my dress"I replied "Good" she said going back to eating her breakfast. We made more small talk and jokes through breakfast like a normal family.

                    Michael's POV

"Mike come on, you need to pick" Frank said holding up two tuxedos; one red and one white."why?"I asked looking at the different types of fedoras."tonight, you will be attending the  ball" he said sounding annoyed "I've told you that about 20 times already mike where is your mind" he almost looked angry by now."Frank calm down, jeez I'm not looking because I already have one" I said turning around and walked out of the store to get ready for tonight.

~•~•~•~•~•~•3hours later~•~•~•~•~•

"Mike are you finished getting ready!!" Frank yelled "almost done!" I yelled back buttoning my shirt and looking in the mirror "Michael Joseph Jackson! Get down these stairs or I'm leaving without you" Frank almost screamed. I hurried and ran downstairs knowing he would leave me if I didn't hurry up.

                       Alexa's POV

"Alexa you need to hold still" my hair stylist said while steadying me. I was getting more anxious by the second. "There, all done!" She exclaimed. Now I had to put my dress on.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•30minuteslater°•°•°•°•°

After someone  came to my room and helped me put my dress on I was escorted to the ballroom.

When I  reached the ballroom there was a lot of talking but when I reached the door all I heard was silence. Everyone was staring at me, some even whispering as I walked to the throne.   Once I reached the throne I  turned  and wait for my grandma to walk to hers.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•30minutes later°•°•°•

After being introduced as the princess of Europe, I sat alone while my grandmother was dancing with a Duke.
After sitting for what felt like a thousand years, the crowd parted  and I stood wanting to know what made the crowd part like that, but as I was about to walk into the crowd the doors opened and behind the doors was the most handsome man I've ever seen. He had the most  beautiful brown eyes with perfectly arched eyebrows and a head full of  jet black curls. It was like everything stopped and it was only me and him. He had the most breath taking smile on his face while  stepping into the crowd, all the women in the crowd looked like they were about to faint.

He was slowly making his way  towards me,never breaking eye contact with me.

He finally reached in front of me and my heart stopped, for a second I forgot how to breathe. "May I have this dance?" He asked his cheeks turning pink as he blushed. It was obvious that he was shy."Yes you may"I replied taking a hold of  his hand that was stretched out and led him to the middle of the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
                      Anna's POV(Alexa's grandmother)

I was in conversation with the Duke of Cambridge when he suddenly said "Your majesty look!" I turned around to see what he was talking about "what is it Arnold?" I asked and he pointed to two persons dancing but they weren't any persons ;they were my granddaughter and the King of pop.

They weren't aware that I was watching them dance. They were elegantly gliding across the dancefloor like a couple. The  crowd had even formed a circle to watch them but they didn't seem to notice it was like they were in their own world.

The  royal band was playing a slow dance song as I watched my granddaughter dance. It was like watching Cinderella, only this time she was royal.

But all good things must come to an end. The song was now finished but  they(Alexa &Michael) did not want to let go of each other.

               Author's POV

As Queen Anna watched Alexa and Michael dance a tear slowly rolled down her cheek as she thought about how much her husband loved to dance. She thought about the last thing they did before he died  -which was dancing.
The Queen was deep in thought that she didn't notice that the event was coming to an end.

She watched carefully as Micheal placed his hand on Alexa's cheek, slowly stroking it with his thumb.  She gasped when their face started to lean in.

As Micheal was about to place his lips on Alexa's he realized what he was doing. It was too soon to do that.

                    Alexa's POV

"What's wrong?" I asked Michael "I'm sorry Alexa but its too soon for this" He said turning around and walking to the door "Wait!" I shouted and he turned around "will I ever see you again?" I asked, he shrugged and said "maybe maybe not" and with that he was out the door.

I'm so sorry I didn't update earlier but I've been having problems with wattpad.
Tell me how you feel about the first chapter.

                                    J.D🌹💜💯