Further Turn of Events

Daisy's POV

I woke up to the chattering downstairs. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face, and joined the others.

"Come on, Daisy, we're about to go out for breakfast!" Jane hollered.

"I'm coming!" I ran down the stairs.

After a round of voting, we agreed to go to an Italian restaurant. One by one we climbed into the car.

Ten minutes later, we had arrived at a restaurant that smelled oddly familiar by my standards. The car was reeking of that smell yesterday. Tomato sauce and that cheese, and that odd Thai spice that stung my eyes.

Nancy's POV

Why? Why had we come again? I can't bear to look at this chef without recalling the conversation we had yesterday. Here he comes... brace yourself, girl...

"Welcome again, Nancy and Dabin! So you're here with your bandmates now, are you?" He peered down at me again.

"Hello, ahjussi." I waved at him.

"I'm starving!" The other members furiously complained, Jooe the loudest.

Chef chuckled. "OK then, the same menu, eh?" He went into the kitchen, leaving us to settle down.

The members clustered around the table, leaving me a seat beside Yeonwoo unnie.

For the next half hour, we sat in silence, eating away, even though I didn't eat much. I hadn't the heart.

I made an excuse to leave the table, and I walked to the restroom, only to be confronted by Chef.

"You seem like something's bothering you. Have a seat." He gestured to a crude table in the kitchen.

"Is it Dabin bothering you?" He asked.

I thought about what Dabin unnie told me, about his, um, preferance.

"Yes." I answered truthfully. "I love Dabin unnie, but I don't have the courage to tell her that."

"Hmm." Chef went to the kitchen table to knead some dough. "You remind me of my youth."

"I was a teenager then, and I loved another boy. He was perfect in every way, with his dashing hair, rugged cheekbones, he was the perfect boy for me. But there was a problem.

To be a homosexual, or if you say it rudely, to be gay, was taboo. People would look down at you, and your friends, relatives will shun you."

I shivered. He had been talking about all my fears.

"But then, 2 years later, he died. My heart broke. I didn't have the chance to say that I loved him, and sadness came with cowardice. I knew I was a fool, and what matters when you have love?"

I nodded, and he continued.

"Is it truly wrong to love someone? After that experience, I decided that I wouldn't hide my feelings. After this many years, my heartbreak still hasn't healed, and I regret my foolishness every day.

Remember, when you truly love someone, don't hold your feelings back, because you will regret it when your chance passes away." He finished sadly. I noticed that his hand still flinched whenever he brought up this matter. Because of regret, or anger, I could not tell. But I got his message.