》Five《

The day passed by as a blur, Sanji was never just standing around. He reveled in the fact that there was always something to do, something to complete at the Sunny. So it wasn't really a suprise when Chopper skipped up to the window looking content with the days work.

"Hiya Sanji, your shift is over, Robin is coming in to cover the rest of the evening." Sanji paused, looking up at the clock to see that it was time for him to head home. He hesitantly nodded, untying his apron to throw into the laundry basket to be washed.

He cleaned out his locker, grabbing his phone and jacket. He had a few unread messages from Heather, the kind lady had offered to buy him a drink this upcoming Friday. Sanji smiled to himself and quickly replied with an 'I would love to my dear!' as he strut further into the back.

He pushed the creaky metal door open and walked out into the back alley, shrugging into his jacket and stuffing his hands into his pockets. His eyes widened when his knuckles brushed against cool metal, he had forgotten about the cursed bell for the duration of work. He plucked it from his pocket and scowled, observing the strange symbols for the hundredth time since yesterday night.

"What the fuck are you?" He scowled, not that he expected any type of response. He wasn't a complete fruitcake.

Yet.

He tucked the bell back into his breast pocket and started down the street, the sun was setting and he uneasily eyed the many dim alleyways. Each one reminding him of what had gone down just that morning before work, he was lucky to be alive. His thoughts shifted to the bell and his frustration flared up, it definitely wasn't luck.

His phone chimed and Sanji quickly dug it out of his jacket, expecting Heather when he opened his messages. His face twitched when he saw it wasn't the angel, but Braxton. The emojis he used frequently causing his lips to turn down, the asshole was a man-child in his twenties...not a teenager.

Regardless, he knew that of he ignored the text Braxton would spam him; and if he blocked the moron, Braxton would probably show up at the chef's door. Sanji wanted neither to become reality, so he heaved a defeated sigh and sent an reply consisting of a simple 'hi' to the persistent male. The idiot's response came almost instantly, not giving the blond a chance to exit out of messaging.

   6:47pm
Shithead: Yo! What's up!? Was wondering why I haven't heard from you lately...😋

Sanji inwardly cringed at the text, starting his trek home as he typed out a convincing lie. It wasn't like he could tell Braxton that he had found out he was casually carrying around a cursed bell that he's had for as long as he could remember.

    6:50pm
Sanji: Just been busy trying to find something to pass the time with, you were not on said list.

The blond read it over and hit send with a huff, taking a second to peer up at the sunset. It was a captivating mixture of red and orange that blended together to create a nostalgic sight. Something pulled in the back of his mind at the familiar crimson color, he assumed it had something to do with his mysteriously blank childhood. Sanji heard his phone chime and unlocked his screen to see what Braxton had written back.

    6:53pm
Shithead: Not even on the bottom? 😢😏 Then it's up to me to remind you why we're besties, have a few drinks with me on Wednesday? 🤗

Sanji blinked down at the message, leave it to Braxton to twist the conversation to get what he had wanted all along. There was no way to weasel his way out of going unless he wanted to be interrogated by the elder male. The chef's brows furrowed as he reluctantly agreed to the smooth bastards proposal.