Prison.

I searched the streets for abandoned houses. I needed one to stay in. So far I found a few, but they were filled with those disgusting things we call zombies. I just couldn't wait until I got to safety. I've been alone in this shit for years. Well... 2 to be exact. I'm Aurora. I'm 14 years of age. I have brown hair and emerald green eyes. I have a slight obsession with bandanas. But now that doesn't really matter does it? I've walked these overrun streets with such rage that it makes me angry at myself.

After a few miles, I found a big white house that was completely empty. I ran inside and sat against the wall, huffing and puffing. I felt so secure. I dropped my bag next to me and got up, searching the house for food. There was old canned-corn in the cupboard above me. I grabbed the can and smashed it hard against the counter, causing it to burst open. I bent the can in half and managed to eat the corn.

I walked outside and searched for wood that I could start a fire with. Luckily, I found a good pile. I grabbed the gasoline I found in the house and poured it all over the wood. Grabbing the lighter from my shorts, I lit the wet spots on the wood, creating flame that gave off ominous heat. I threw plastic, cardboard, and grass into it, making the smoke grow. I walked back inside and sat back in my place, waiting for help that might never come for me at all.

Right as I started to doze off, and boy and an older man came into the house. "Dad..." the boy whispered, pointing at me. "Get up." the man ordered. I hesitated, but stood up. The man pointed his gun at me. I ave him a sorrowful look. "Please... I'm not one of them... just a teenage girl looking for help.." I cried. "Dad." "Hush Carl!" the boys name was Carl. "What's your name?" Carl asked. "Aurora. Some call me Rory, only if they gain my trust." I replied sternly.

"Are you with anyone else?" The man asked. He still hasn't told me his darn name. "Nope. Just me, myself, and that bag on the floor." I said quirkily. "Mind if I look through it?" "Not until you tell me what your name is." "Rick." 'Go ahead." I said with a smirk. There was nothing dangerous in my bag. Just weapons for me to kill. Rick lifted up my bag and dumped everything out. "Dude!" I scolded. "Sorry." he mocked. I groaned and looked at Carl. He looked back and smiled.

"Pills?" Rick asked. Oh crap. "Depression pills. I have severe depression. suicidal thoughts." I explained. "Got any family left?" Rick asked. I looked down and shook my head. "No." I sighed. "Dad can she come back with us?" Carl asked. I looked up at Rick. "She's have to share with you... there's no room left in our part of the prison." Rick explained, looking at Carl and I. Carl nodded and I shrugged.

I carefully put my stuff back into my bag and made my way out the door. "The prison's not too far from here." Rick looked at me. "Okay." I smiled. Carl walked up next to me. "Can I call you Rory?" He asked. I nodded. "sure!" I smiled lightly, causing Carl to chuckle lightly.

~Carl's POV~

/At The Prison/

We walked through the gates of the prison quietly, none of us speaking a word. I stared intensely at Aurora. She was so beautiful. Her hair fell perfectly onto her lower back. That bandana she was wearing suited her outfit, and her eyes. They're gorgeous. Emerald green. Just like Merle's, but way prettier. She wasn't afraid to show off, and she was tough.

"Carl!" my dad raised his voice. "Huh?" I asked in confusion. "Get over here!" he yelled. I noticed I was way behind. Nice going Carl. I sighed and caught up with them. I decided not to make contact with either if them as we walked into the Prison. "A prison, eh?" Aurora spoke up in curiosity. "It's the safest place we could find, yaknow?" I replied, my head facing the floor. "Yeah... I know..." Aurora hesitantly agreed.

"Okay everyone. This is Aurora. Aurora, this is Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Beth, Lori, T-Dog, Carol, And Daryl." My dad introduced. Aurora nodded and smiled at everyone. I walked away into my cell and sat on my bed. A few minutes later I was joined by Aurora, sitting down next to me. I looked at her. "Do you think you'll like it here?" I asked, looking into her beautiful eyes. Her eyes lit up and glistened, making my heart melt. "Yeah. I'm sure of it. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. It's like I belong here."

"And what if you don't like it here..?"