Tea, Music, and Laughter Part Two

It wasn't until much later that we decided on a few good names.

"Well," Nicoletta said, "we've at least narrowed it down to two girl and two boy names: Amberly, for your mother, Maxon, Rae for another girl name, and for the boys, Edward and Callen."

"I really like Rae," Marlee adds.

"Me, too," I say.

Maxon left before we could finish coming up with names, some kingly duties we had to take care of, but he really liked Callen. Marlee, Nicoletta, and I went to the Women's Room for some tea before Nicoletta had to leave.

"It was so nice seeing you, Nicoletta," I say.

"Yes, you, too, and you Marlee, also," she says back.

Marlee nods her head, a small smile on her lips. Nicoletta always brought a warm air with her when ever she visited that everyone in the palace would miss. Not soon after, Marlee left to be with Carter and I was determined to find Maxon.

I was looking down, picking my nails, when I rounded a corner and ran into one of Maxon's adversaries, papers flying everywhere. "Oh! Sorry, my bad!" I say as I bend down to pick up the papers strewn everywhere.

"No, allow me, your Highness," he said. 'Your Highness' still sounded weird to me. I start to stand again, a few pieces of paper in my hand, and I look down and see 'New Asia in Trouble' written across the top. It takes me a moment to process. New Asia. Trouble, which can only mean war. The adversary clears his throat and I look up and see him peering over his glasses. "The papers, your Highness," he says. I hand them to him hastily. Everything is spinning.

How can New Asia be in trouble? All of this war and terror was supposed to end once Maxon became king. Everything was supposed to be fine. What does this mean for the country? What does this mean for my family? I lay my hands over my stomach, I have to find Maxon.