6. Of Doppelgangers & Impostors

"Between Chat Noir and Marinette, I need to take a break" sighed Arianne as she got into her house. First, she had been trying to help Marinette ask Adrien out, but she was always stalling and got extremely nervous, and now Chat Noir had told something to Theo that made him go away, not to mention his weird behaviour.

"Why don't you watch some TV?" suggested Ayu "It's a way to relieve stress"

"Yeah, I think I'll do that" nodded Arianne. After that, maybe she could practice a bit "But first, I'm thirsty. I need a drink" she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat on the couch in front of the TV.  A news report was on.

"There's been a spectacular theft on the Louvre" announced the reporter. Arianne narrowed her eyes as she drank some water "A video showed that without a shadow of a doubt, the thief is none other than the famous hero Chat Noir" upon hearing that, Arianne spit the water from the shock, and, soon, disgust was written all over her face.

"Okay, that was totally disgusting, but what?!" there was no way that the Chat Noir she knew could do something like that.

Arianne watched closely as the Chat Noir in the screen ran off from the museum with a painting underneath his arm, while everyone watched him in surprise.

"That's such a lie!" complained Arianne standing up, as she yelled to the screen "Chat Noir would never do that!"

"I agree with you, Aria" said Ayu, floating in front of her "Something's not right, and we have to find out what it is"

"The break's gonna have to wait" stated Arianne "Ayu, transform me!"

Once she turned into Loup d'Argent, she travelled through the roofs, 'until she reached one that had a perfect view of the Louvre. There were several police officers standing guard, and many people crowding, Alya amongst them. Of course she would be there. She really admired Paris's heroes; she even had a blog dedicated to Ladybug, called the Ladyblog.

She grabbed her bow and pressed a button on it, one she used to communicate with Ladybug and Chat Noir. In this case, she pressed the paw and a screen appeared.

"Kitty, what is going on?" she asked once he answered "I know you didn't steal that painting"

"I knew you'd believe me!" she gave him a 'seriously?' stare, and Chat Noir got the message. He had to take it seriously and stop flirting "It was an impostor"

"I thought so" replied Loup with a nod "Where are you now?"

"The gallery" he replied "I'm trapped"

"Alright" said the girl firmly "Don't do anything stupid. You're already in trouble, we don't want more. I'll get you out of there. I'm a few blocks away"

"Copy that" replied Chat Noir with a nod "Thanks"

"But I still want to know what you told Theo" she chuckled upon seeing Chat Noir opening his eyes wide in panic, before ending the call "Alright, let's get to work"

When she finally arrived to the Louvre, she saw that Ladybug was already there, and a wave of relief washed over her upon seeing her.

"You don't believe he actually stole that painting, do you?" questioned Ladybug looking at her partner, who couldn't believe she was saying that.

"Of course not" replied Loup as-a-matter-of-fact "He's not capable of doing that. He told me that it was an impostor"

"Chat Noir is running away!" they heard a voice informing the guard through the radio, and the duo rushed inside, where all the guards at the stairs were on the floor.