44. Of Cameras & Concerts

Marinette ran inside the hotel after finally getting the glasses that Jagged Stone had asked for (she had to make them herself, by the way, since the glasses Jagged wanted didn't exist), and was surprised to find no one in the reception.

"Adrien?!" she called loudly, hoping that someone would hear her "Arianne?!" no one answered "They probably went to do something fun. And now I'm all alone here"

"No offence taken" she heard a familiar sarcastic voice behind her, and turned around to find Thiago standing by himself by the stairs.

"I'm sorry, Thiag" she apologised as she approached the guy "I didn't see you there. What are you doing?"

"Nothing" replied the boy "Literally. This is the most boring thing I've ever done in my life. All I have to do is stand here" Marinette chuckled upon hearing that "At least I've got you here to keep me company now. What are you up to?"

"Jagged Stone wanted some really weird glasses" explained the girl, as she took them out from her bag "I didn't find them anywhere, so I had to make them" Thiago opened his eyes wide upon seeing the glasses. The lenses were in the shape of two Eiffel Towers, and it had the national colours: blue, red and white. They were pretty impressive.

"You did this?" asked Thiago, clearly impressed by the girl's talent, who nodded "Woah. Marinette, these are amazing" Marinette giggled nervously upon hearing his words.

"You think so?"

"Definitely!" he nodded "Aria told me that you were a designer, but I never actually got a chance to see your work! You are very talented, Mari"

"Thanks" Marinette said with a giggle "I really have to get them to him now"

"You are going to abandon me?" asked Thiago with a pout as he handed her the glasses.

"I'm sorry" she replied "But I'll have some free time later, so I'll come and hang out with you!" Thiago smiled.

"Sure. Good luck" that being said, Marinette went off.

"I'm sorry" Arianne finally spoke up after two minutes of uncomfortable silence, making Adrien look at her curiously.

"What are apologising for?" he asked, he didn't think that the girl had done anything wrong.

"For acting the way I did" she replied softly "I should've straight up told you what was going on instead of avoiding you" she was apologising beforehand, because she still hadn't told him how she felt about the kiss.

"I'm sorry, too" said Adrien "I shouldn't have kissed you like that. I should've thought you didn't feel the same way I do" Arianne's heart started to race upon hearing his words. It was pretty obvious by the fact that he kissed her that he was in love with her, too, but hearing him admitting out loud made it real.

Adrien Agreste was actually in love with her, and felt the same way she did about him.

"N-no, I do!" she hurriedly corrected his statement, making Adrien frown confused upon hearing that "Adrien, I've been in love with you since we were thirteen" he arched his eyebrows in surprise upon hearing that.

"Then why did you run away when I kissed you?" he questioned, trying to make sense of what was happening. Arianne took a deep breath. She had to explain to him what was going. she couldn't avoid it forever.

"Because you took me by surprise" replied the girl. That was true, though it wasn't the actual reason of it "And...I might hurt someone I care about if we start dating" Adrien then understood what was going on and why she had reacted the way she did.