chapter 1

So dark...

darkness all around you. followed by the musty scent of wood. you were currently in a crate. you don't remember clearly on how you got there, but you do remember playing with hide and seek with your friends before feeling a sharp pinch in your back. then your world faded to darkness..

that's all you can truly recall. but you know one thing. it's the work of humans! you've heard so much on them from denmates, your parents and other creatures from your forest home. they are unpredictable, one moment they are as kind as can be, the next they are incredibly violent.

you're pretty educated on their culture, knowing they need to colorful pelts, or 'clothes' as they call it, to protect their smooth fleshy skin from the elements. they have limited amounts of hair that show on their heads and limbs. the unique trait to them is their skin, which come in various shades. but for the most part, you still held a fascination for them. they had strange tendencies that you wanted to learn more about. like why they kept animals for themselves. but then again, they still scared you. "be careful around them." you remember your mother's voice. "you never know what they might do."

upon rethinking about your mother and denmates, you suddenly became terribly, terribly homesick. you missed your place in the warm, humid jungle. you missed the call of your denmates. you missed the comforting scent of your mothef.. but now... all's you can do in huddle in your confinement in fear. on the bright side, the slight turbulence was actually quite relaxing for you. to the point where you became very drowsy. you actually started to fall into a surprisingly peaceful-

BAM!

your enclosure suddenly smacks into the ground, causing you to squeal in surprise. you then hear a few muffled voices.

"would you mind being careful? it says fragile, you know." said a masculine, very monotone voice.

"it's not our fault."

"it's not like whatever is in here is damaged from a bump."

"you just need to relax." three distinct male voices replied in a calm casual manner.

"now now. it's for the master. we need it to be in top condition." said a soft feminine voice.

you tip your head in confusion. who is that? where are am I now? suddenly, you heard rapid footsteps approach.

"CLAUDE! is this it!!? is this my birthday gift!?" a loud young voice shrilled making you leap. you heard knocking on your confinement and you lean back in fear, releasing a whimper. you then hear the sound of someone stomping in place and a squeal. "I can't wait any longer!" the young voice said a cross between excited and anger. "claude! I ORDER YOU TO OPEN THIS CRATE!" then that masculine voice was heard. "yes, your highness." with that, you hear something grasp the corners of your prison and with loud crackling sound, the top of your box had been peeled off, flooding your area in light, making your shiny striped fur glisten slightly.

you squeezed your eyes shut as the blinding light stung them. before you even think about reopening them, a shrill young voice squeals and you are suddenly yanked roughly from your spot and held up in the air. "A BABY TIGER CUB!!!" the voice almost screeches. you whimper and look at whomever is assaulting you. your (color) eyes widened in confusion. 'a human...?'

a young male human to be precise. he had platinum blonde hair that was nearly as shiny as the sun. he wore very... odd clothing. He had a long, purple frock coat; a forest green waistcoat with vertical black stripes and a black back; a white button-up shirt, black shorts or black trousers, long black stockings, brown high heel boots that stretched to his thighs with purple laces fashioned into bows and a large black bowtie around his neck. stared at you with the upmost affection and excitement in his two icy blue eyes.

you remember that looking into them reminded you of rainwater. he had an abnormally wide smile on his face that somehow widened as you both locked eyes.

he started to spin you around as he giggled and danced about. "sir, I think you might be making it dizzy." came that monotone voice. the boy came to a stop and gave the person speaking to him a very intimidating glare. you look over as well and catch glimpse of a few other people. a tall man with pale skin and short black hair held the top piece of your crate. he didn't wear much; just a black and white suit. he had two golden eyes set behind a pair of glasses. his face was a complete mask in contrast to the kid who held you in his grip. no emotion once so ever.

behind him were three more men, with short plum hair, one had his hair swept to the left, one to the right and one with hair on both sides. they stood side by side with a calm look in their red eyes. they all wore the same outfit; white long-sleeved shirts, brown waistcoats, and black pants with black bowties around their necks.

and beside them was a woman with relatively darker skin, purple lips and long lavender hair tied braided and tied in the back. she wore a pretty indigo dress with a white apron and a flat frilly cap with a matching indigo ribbon on top. she actually looked quite taken with you, as she stared with relatively kind navy blue eyes.

they all held a very... heavy presence. something just wasn't normal with them..

suddenly the boy's grip on you tightened and he grit his teeth. "it is not an 'it'! it's a she! and I'm sure SHE is just fine!" he hisses, his tone dripping in venom. he then turns his attentions back to you and offers a charming smile with wide puppy-eyes. "do you?" he cooed innocently. you blink in amazement. did... his mood change? that quick? "well, do you?" he asked, with a bit more force. you flinch. fearing an outburst from this child, swallow the knot in your throat and reply best you can. Er... y-yes! I'm fine.. "Raaor.." you reply, hoping to sound the least bit cheerful.

his eyes twinkled like stars and he gasped happily. "YES! I KNEW IT! HAHAHA!" he cheered happily and continued to twirl and dance with you in his grip. he stops and touches nose to nose with you. "you and I are gonna get along just fine.." he whispered in a voice that borderlined sweet and sinister.

not wanting to upset him, you forced yourself to purr, earning a cheerful smile from him. "time to show you around the manor!" he chirps skipping away from the group of mysterious people, while giggling happily. for the moment his mouth was open, you could swear you saw a golden circle with a star in the middle...

Was... that a pentagram..?