5

We rode for endless hours through the plains of Wyoming till suddenly the kidnapper fell from the horse. I grabbed the reins and pulled back softly before looking at the guy. I saw that he had an arrow sticking out of his neck.

I looked around before I softly tapped my heels into the horse's side and rode off till I saw a half dressed man standing there in front of me.

So I pulled back the reins and looked at the man. His long black hair blew across his face as he stood there staring at me while I just sat there frozen in both fear and shock.

Slowly the man walked up towards me till he was in front of the horse and gently soothed the horse turning away from me and spoke softly to the horse.

I took that opportunity to take in this man that stood half dressed before me. I realized that he was a Native American, from how he was dressed. In brown pants with loose strings down the sides, moccasins on his feet.

Then I noticed the Bow and arrows that were placed over his shoulder crossing his chest.

" You saved me" I finally said being the first to speak as I looked back at the Native who was brushing the horse's face and mane.

"I didn't do it to save you."He clarified

" I did it to take the horse, you are just with him," he said looking from the horse up at me.

"Well thank you anyway," I said he nodded and continued to cress the horse's mane. While I watched him not daring to move to alert him for any reason.

"How far am I from Cheyenne?" I asked

He looked back at me

"Why are you wanting to know?" he replied with his own question.

"Well, I was headed there on a train till that man stopped it and kidnapped me."

The Native looked past me at the man that lay in the distance.

"I could tell that you were in fear when I watched the two of you approach" he says

"I was, and I still am" I confessed.

"No need to be afraid I am not gonna hurt you," he assures me

I nodded and took a breath.

"I am Ellie," I said breaking the silence after a while

"I am Falcon," he says

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

I smiled and nodded my head.

He grabbed the reins and jumped up behind me, tapped his heel into the horse's side.

"Nightfall will come soon so we need to get as close to Cheyenne as we can before the wild animals come out," Falcon says

I just let him take control of where we were going since I had no clue and would have gotten lost had he not had shown up.

We rode as far as we could before we arrived in a small little ghost town, which was a good thing cause I wasn't sure how they would take the sight of me being with an indigenous man.

He hopped off the back and offered to help me off. I managed to get down with his help as he tied the reins to the pole before we headed into what used to be a hotel and headed up to the first open door which happened to be a bedroom.

"Uganasdv Asgitsa," he said as he took off his moccasins and climbed into the bed

"what does that mean?" I asked confused

"Sweet dreams" he replied

"Oh well you too," I said then laid on the couch.

When I woke I saw that Falcon was already up, when he saw that I was up he slipped on his shoes.

"Otahitsu?" he asked

I remember that one from when one of the other Natives I met asked the same question

"I am good thank you for asking" I replied

He nodded and stood up from the bed not bothering to make it but instead stripped it bare of its blanket and rolled it up before taking it with him as he walked out. I stood up and followed behind him quickly not wanting to be left behind.

I walked out of the hotel's door and watched as he strapped the blanket from the room we used on the back and had another one under the saddle.

"It's to make sure the saddle doesn't hurt the horse," he said

"That is sweet of you to do that," I say to him

"Well my people love all things nature so we care for the ones that don't mean any harm. and deal with the ones that mean harm" Falcon explained

I nodded and walked over to him as he got up on the horse after untying the reins and offered his hand to help me.

I took his hand and he hoisted me up having me sitting side saddle

"That way you don't have any trouble climbing off like you did last night."

"thank you."

He smiled and nodded.