Lance x reader: can I have this dance

No one's POV 

Y/n was excited! Voltron just saved another planet from the Galra forces and the king of the planet gave Voltron a ball party in their honor. 

Not only did Y/n love to dress up and dance, but her boyfriend Lance was a great dancer too. Y/n  picked out a short blue dress with butterflies on it her hair was braided and put into a topknot and had a nice wedges to go with it.

 Y/n  picked out a short blue dress with butterflies on it her hair was braided and put into a topknot and had a nice wedges to go with it

She was so excited she only wondered how excited Lance felt too

Lance's POV

"A dinner party" I thought asI got ready "where they expect me to dance? with y/n don't give me wrong I love my girlfriend I can't waltz" I panicked. y/n will probably laugh at me I was so into my thoughts I didn't hear Keith's voice calling me.

 "Lance" Keith yelled into my ear.

"what oh hey Keith do you need something" I asked him. 

"No I was worried about you you seem scatterbrain today" he said seem down next to me "well more than usual" I glared at him.

"I'm nervous about tonight" I said looking down at my fingers.

"why I thought you love parties and being the center of attention"

 "I can't dance I can't answer the partner"I admitted. Keith laughed.

"Are you telling me player boy Lance can't waltz" he laughed shocked about what he just heard.

"go ahead and laugh all you want"

"sorry but y/n is not going to care that you don't know how to dance with her she can teach you, you know" 

"I guess thanks Keith" 

"Anytime" He said leaving me to my silence.

Later at the party...

I was in awe with y/n.  how my girl be so beautiful when  I was just up to an a grey tuxedo  with a blue tie.

 suddenly y/n walked up to me then I heard the music.

"Hey sharpshooter go to dance?" she asked me. I panicked. I had to tell her.

"Y/n, we need to talk, alone, there's something I need to confess to you" I said her beautiful smile faded, but she nodded I let her into an empty room and put her soft hands in mine.

Your POV

"Was Lance going to break up with me? did he cheat on me? And with who? I was so nervous what is he wanting to tell me" I thought to myself as you lead me into an empty room. 

"Y/n, I have something to confess"he said, I listened. "I can't dance, like with people. go ahead and laugh at me Keith did" I could see how ashamed he felt. But I'm his girlfriend, It's my job to make him feel better about himself. 

"Oh Lance,"I said kissing his nose making him blush slightly"don't be a shame that you can't dance I'll teach you" 

Cue music.

"Take my hand, take a breath, pull me close and take one step" I sang telling him the steps and he obeyed. "Keep your eyes locked to mine and let the music be your guide."

"Wouldn't you promise me" he sang as we waltzed around the room.

"I want you promised me" I repeated.

"to keep dancing wherever we go next" we sang together.

"Its like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you" we danced in sync and with flawless movements.

"it's one in 1 million the chances of feeling the way we do and with every step together we just keep on getting better" we looked into each other's eyes and smiled.

"So can I have this" I sang to him 

 "can I have this dance" He sang back 

"can I have this dance" we sang together. He started being a little bit more confident in what he was doing.

"Take my hand I'll take the lead and every turn will be safe with me" he put his hands on my waist.

"don't be afraid, afraid to fall you know I'll catch you through it all" He said and dipped me perfectly.

 "and you can't keep us" he sang starting to dance again 

"even 1000 miles can't keep us apart" I sang assuring him.

"because my heart is wherever you are" we sang together as lance twirled me around.

"It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you" we started dancing again 

"it's one in 1 million the chances of feeling the way we do and when every step together we just keep on getting better" we smiled and looked at each other the whole time.

"So can I have this" I sang.

"can I have this dance" he sang back.

"can I have a dance" we sang together.

"No mountains too high enough oceans too wide" I sang running around the room letting him follow.

"Cuz together or not our dance won't stop" he grabbed my hand and I spun around with my dress in the air.

"let it rain let it pour  what we have is worth fighting for you know I believe that we were meant to be" we held each other closely and put our foreheads together.

"it's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you" we waltzed around the room once more.

"it's one in 1 million the chances of feeling the way we do an app with every step together we just keep on getting better" we sang together. We broke apart.

"So can I have this dance" I asked him.

 "can I have this dance" He asked me back.

"can I have this dance" we asked together walking up to each other.

"and can I have this dance" we joined hands.

"can I have this dance" we kissed passionately and smiled when we broke it.

"Thank you y/n, for teaching me how to dance." He said as he had his hand on my shoulder as we walked back to the party.

"You're welcome sharpshooter." I smiled at him.

"And I love you" he admitted. I blush and smile.

"I love you too dork." And we kiss again before entering the party room and enjoy the rest of the evening.