Part 29: Burn it down

Warning: Possibly triggering

Chloe stared at the door as her father left her room. Her jeans and panties were pulled down her legs and she could feel bruises forming on her wrists from when her father had pinned her down. Her father had forced himself on her, for the last few days he had been giving her dodgy looks and she swore she had spotted him watching her when she having a shower. She hadn't been strong enough, not strong enough to fight him off, she just let him have her way. She felt so pathetic and weak. She wanted him dead hell she wanted her whole family dead. They treated her like she was a mistake. But she couldn't bring herself to kill them which made her feel sick. If she can't even fight off her own father how could she face Jerimiah? Sighing Chloe pulled her jeans back up. It was pointless she's a failure. If everyone else could manage to have a decent life and achieve their dreams why could she?

She looked over at the perfume bottle on her desk, she walked over to it and picked it up. There was a sort of purple liquid in there. Jerome hadn't provided many details about what was in it only saying it was to be used as a last resort. Why a last resort though? Did Jerome not want her to use it? Still it might make it easier for her to kill people. To use it was so tempting. "It can't be that bad.." Chloe muttered brushing her fingers over the perfume bottle. Taking a deep breath she sprayed the contents of the bottle onto herself. She coughed loudly as it entered her nose and mouth. Nothing. Chloe frowned she didn't feel any different. Suddenly she felt all tingly, her hands moved to her mouth she could feel it stretching. She could hear a laughing in her head as she collapsed onto the desk struggling to breathe her heart beating erratically. Chloe stumbled over onto her bed groaning in pain the laughter in her head getting louder and louder. She started ripping apart her pillow, feathers flying everywhere as she started giggling uncontrollably so much that tears began falling down her face. The maniacal laughter continued until she passed out onto the floor.

-

Chloe slowly opened her eyes and sat up clutching her head. She felt all groggy and had a massive headache. She stumbled towards the bathroom, a gasp left her mouth as she looked in the mirror. She had paler skin and bright red lips. The most startling part of her new appearance was her eyes. They were no longer green instead they were purple. "Oh my god" she breathed, what had she done to herself? She could hear the laughter in her head again "No no no" she swore taking deep breaths trying to keep herself together. Even though the insane laughter in her head was scaring her she felt more confidence. More strong. "Jerimiah.." she muttered to herself before going into Emily's room. Her sister had heterochromia iridum one of her eyes was green and the other brown so Chloe knew that Emily would have green contacts somewhere to hide the effects of the spray. She eventually found them and put them on. That should stop anyone finding out.

"Chloe young lady get down here now!" she heard her step mother scream from downstairs. Chloe felt something in her head snap and a small smile appeared on her face. She went downstairs stopping by the kitchen the grab the butchers knife that was on the table and walked to the living room. Her step mum and father were sitting next to each other on the sofa backs towards her.

"I'm here mum" Chloe said as she slit her father's throat from behind blood spraying everywhere, here father choking on the blood making stomach churning sounds. Her step mum screamed in terror as Chloe puled her off the sofa and climbed onto of her.

"Chloe! Please!" Her step mum begged Chloe smirked at her and repeatably stabbed the knife into her neck laughing gleefully as she did. Soon her step mother's eyes rolled back into her head. Dead. Her father was now dead on the floor having bled out to death. Chloe next went down into the basement and grabbed some gasoline barrels. She heard someone scream from the living room, she swore to herself she forgot Emily had gone out to singing practice and now she's home to see the blood bath. Chloe walked back to the living carrying the barrels. Emily's eyes widened in horror when she saw her older sister covered in blood.

"Chloe what have you done?!" Emily cried out. Chloe started pouring the gasoline everywhere.

"What I should of done years ago" Chloe replied coldly pouring gasoline over the steps "I recommend you leave now little sister before he makes me kill you". Emily panickily shook her head and grabbed Chloe's arm.

"Sister please leave with me and we can start over, I can get help for you" Emily pleaded. Chloe looked at Emily who's eyes were filling with tears. It was very tempting but Jerome... The laughing inside her head came back telling her to kill.

"Leave Emily" Chloe ordered turning her head violently. She didn't want to hurt her younger sister but she was starting to loose control. Chloe lit a match and threw it on to the floor, Emily whimpered as the house began to set on fire. Chloe began to see red and a murderous grin appeared on her face, Emily turned to run but she grabbed her arm pulling her close pressing the steel blade against Emily's neck "I know its cold, just hold still" she whispered. Chloe began cutting Emily's neck but she stopped, she had no idea why but she stopped. Her mind went black as she pushed Emily to the floor who was desperately trying to cover her neck and trying to call her big sister's name.

Chloe walked into the burning kitchen and sat in the corner watching the flames. All she could think about is what she had to do and what she'd done to herself. What kind of monster has she become? Minutes which felt like hours passed as Chloe hugged her body and cried to herself, the flames licking at her skin. Her eyes widened as she saw a figure enter the living room and shoot her sister. The figure came towards her and crouched to her level holding out his hand.

"We need to get out of here".