Chapter 22 - Ambrose Residence: Strike #2

Saturday 26th of July

I’m at the shopping mall as we speak. Aldi to be exact. I’m standing in the queue with Andrealle, Akemi and her younger sister Harumi. We were holding several do it yourself make-up kit. This idea was inspired by Andrealle when we stayed over at Akemi’s house.

Title: Secret Desire

Plan: Get into Precious’ room.

Who’s involved?  Andrealle, Kemi and me

How? By distracting Mrs Ambrose with a fake organization

As we stood in line, I saw Jade and I thought about turning around and going to the other til but Elle stopped me. She said I had to face her sooner or later.  The line started to get smaller. By the time we got there I saw Jade. She looked so different and I saw that she had removed her nose piercing.

“Here’s your change. Enjoy your day” she said sweetly

“NEXT” Jade called and when she came into eye contact with me, she was quiet.

“We would like to pay for all of these.” Harumi said sweetly

“Can we just find out how much it is please” Harumi demanded

“45.99” Jade said straightaway

“You didn’t even scan it” Harumi said

“Do you want me to scan your brain? Pay it or LEAVE it” she said rudely

“Put it on my card” Harumi pulled out her credit card.

11 year old girls should not have credit cards out of the tips of their fingertips. But she’s spoiled all right. Jade swiped the card and it made a beep.

“Declined”

“Try again” Jade rolled her eyes and swiped the card.

“Declined”

“But that’s impossible” Harumi exclaimed

“You’re holding up the line” a man called out.

“Fine I’ll pay it but you owe you” Andrealle huffed.

“You don’t pay it or I’ll tell dad that you got your car maxed out three times” Akemi threatened.

“So” Harumi shrugged clearly not scared

“This week. Three strikes Har.” Akemi finished

Andrealle paid the money and she told Jade to have a nice day. We walked out and I almost heard ‘you too’.  Andrealle opened the car and we got in. We drove and sang while Harumi sulked in the car.

We arrived at her house and her mum opened the front door. The four of us walked upstairs and before we went into Akemi’s room, Harumi asked –

“Btw, where’s my share?” she had her hands on her hips.

“Btw, did you pay” Akemi asked.

“Also, I want to money by the end of this week, if not I’ll tell your dad” Elle reminded her.

We walked into the room and locked the door. We dropped all the boxes on the floor. There were ‘how to make your own perfume’, ‘how to make your own lotion’, ‘how to make your own facial cream’ and ‘how to make your own lipstick’.

I sat on the floor and I bagsed the perfume. Elle chose the facial cream. Akemi worked on the brochures. She started to type about the organization, what they do, what they sell.