Chapter 24 - A whole NEW look.

When Lisa said that I thought she was pulling my leg and soon she was pulling me into the car, into the shopping mall and we were going to some expensive girls’ shop for girls who are size 8 and below. I have no idea why I have to dress up like one of Precious’ friends.

The shop was called Fabulous because it sells fabulous clothes. I was dragged into the shop against my will. Lisa planned to raid the shirt section. I chose the jeans sections and I was standing next to this girl who was looking at me with disgust.

I walked away clearly not liking the way she was assessing me and went to find Lisa who was carrying a pile of clothes, some bags and other accessories.

“Ok, I have a picked a few, look through them one by one and wear them” she ordered.

I carried the pile of clothes and walked into the fitting rooms. I found a nice cream jacket with purple scarf. I found a flowery white top with purple petals at the bottom. I thought it looked plain but simple. I wore a pair of purple cowboy boots, purple bracelet and earrings. I walked out and Lisa shook her head. Even the girl that gave me a nasty look before was just shaking her head in dismay.

“What’s so bad?”

“It’s too plain. I mean this isn’t something Precious would wear or her friends” Lisa told me.

“This is simple” I look at my dressing

“Simplicity Jamie, my dear…… isn’t their style. Extravagant, excess and expensive looking is their style” Lisa explained.

I walked back in and looked through the pile. I chose a rose orang blazer with a white ribbon attached. I wore a white singlet and brown pants. I wore pink Ramona heels and finished it off with a brown bag with pink designs. I also had on a pair of pink studs. I walked out and Lisa shook her head.

“It looks nice” she said as she shook her head unsure.

“But what?”

“Precious likes pink and you can’t wear pink. No one can it’s like the ultimate rule for the group. You can only wear it unless you have permission.”

“Are you serious?” I exclaimed

“Does it look like I’m joking. You know how she is.”

I trudged back in and searched through the clothes. I went with a cream dress and polka dot scarf. I wore a grey cardigan on top and brown boots. I placed a gold flower in my hair and had on 3 bangles. I also had d drop earrings and brown sunglasses. I finished the look with a brown bag. I walked out and Leah shook her head.

“It’s too boring. It’s something my mum would wear.”

I was so frustrated and that’s how it went. It was too short, too long, too green, too yellow, too weird, too red, too this, too that. I might as well walk naked but I’m not going to do that. I didn’t know what to wear.

 “Try to think like Precious. What would she wear?” Lisa called out

I looked at the smaller pile and I decided to go with this. I wore a dark pink blazer with a dark blue top. I had light blue ripped skinny jeans and brown heels. I chose a blue bracelet, a pink watch and a cream bag that had Coco Chanel engraved on it. I walked out and crossed my fingers.

“Lisa Ambrose, if you tell me that it’s too- one more time” I warned her

“It’s perfect” she said

“Really” I asked

“This is something her friend would wear. They like bright colours that make them stand out. With the thick jewellery, the big bag…the whole shebang. This is it” Lisa analysed.