Cruel Gates Of Life

The Cruel Gates of Life

Kill your darlings before someone does it for you.

( unknown)

Tick Tock, It's 2AM in Lotus City. Behind every single door there's nothing but silence strolling between dusty furniture and down stairs a family locked in a basement. A mother, A father and terrified children all afraid of being next, afraid of being chosen and there is no other where to hide. Outside they already arrived. Three police cars. One of them was huge enough to take up to forty people. Armed cops showed up breaking in around seven houses. One two three four five six seven families did they arrest. A cop ordered them to get in the car. They did so, calmly as if they did it before. When they all were in, doors were firmly closed. It was like a box they could have easily died suffocated but who cares. It's been around ten minutes until someone called for his daughter " sara, it's daddy" " where are you??" . Then a woman replied " we are here khalil " then moved in the darkness to join her husband and the other child. " Dad !!" Hussien whispered pulling khalil's arm. " where are they taking us ?!". Khalil paused and said " I don't know son, but It won't be a happy place for sure, keep that in mind, son " . Silence blanketed the atmosphere, someone at the front started to weep, a man or two patted his shoulder, others weeped consequently. Khadija started reciting what she knows from Quran by heart, hands on her chest, other hand on her daughter's head Sara and so five hours did pass.

7:15 AM

   The doors were opened by the same armed men. They were ordered to get out in two lines. " you and you" referring to Khalil and Hussein. " Join the other line " . The wife and the daughter were in the other opposite one. They were somewhere abandoned and messy like an abandoned city, probably one of the cities the government took over just like many others. There was a shiny huge building they stood infront and there came someone who looked like he was in charge of all of this, Blue military suit, black boots and shiny neat hair despite his good stature he still looked unpromising in a very unfriendly way.
" I'm Commander Basel, and I'm in charge of this place, for whoever doesn't know where he is... this is a rehabilitation facility " he paused to flex his watch and said " I expect every one of you to accept whatever happens during his rehabilitation process; because we seek violence and only violence during this process, that's for your own sake" then gestured to one of the other officers to take it from there, he was watching khadija and sara's line and all of sudden sara started crying hysterically. " shut her up already " the officer ordered khadija and pointed a gun. The girl couldn't stop crying she even freaked out more. " fuck it then"
PEOW  PEOW the girl is no longer crying but the mother is, Khalil is, Hussein is, everyone else is. Khalil moved to pick his dead daughter up.
" HOW DARE YOU " the commander shouted but khalil had already picked her. " how dare you !! " Khalil mocked back. " well I see a family situation here, take that child from him you officer, let's see what the hero dad will
do then " . The child was gone god knows where, leaving a dark red spot on the ground.