Mistakes of the Past

"This is incredible." Cyrus Borg said as he scanned both Earth and Ray. "I'm detecting chronological energy radiating off of both of you."

"Is that good or bad?" Ray asked, looking at Earth, confused.

"It's great," Cyrus said, not looking at them. "Because I may be able to use the energy to create a small portal through time, so you all can go home."

Ray and Earth smiled, happy to hear that they may have found a way home already.

That morning, after a good nights sleep, the ninja and the Elemental Masters split up to find the Shurikens of Ice and the Elemental Masters way home.

Lloyd, Kai, and Cole went with Ice and Libby to find the shurikens, while Zane, Jay, and Nya took Ray and Earth to Borg Industries to find them a way back home.

"This is great," Nya said to Zane and Jay while Borg was busy with the others. "They can go home and the time stream won't be damaged."

"That is wonderful news." Zane said.

Nya then turned to Jay, expecting to see a smile on his face, but there was only a frown. She had noticed that he wasn't his normal, talkative self lately, and was beginning to worry about him.

Last night, he hadn't even made a comment or a complaint about how he had thought and hoped their time traveling days were over. And he seemed to be avoiding the Elemental Masters at all coast.

"Jay, can I talk to you out in the hallway?" Nya asked. Jay gave a small nod and walked with Nya into the hallway, while Zane stayed to help Borg.

"Is everything okay, Nya?" Jay asked.

"That's what I was going to ask you." Nya said. "You've been acting different since the four Elemental Masters showed up. Is everything alright with you?"

Jay sighed, closed his eyes, and shook his head. Nya took his hands into hers, waiting for him to tell her what was wrong. Jay opened his eyes, but still wasn't smiling.

The something clicked in Nya's mind. "Does this have something to do with Libby?" She asked. Jay nodded again.

"Nya, Libby is going to abandon me. I want to know why so badly, even if she doesn't know why yet. And part of me wants to stop her from doing it." Jay said, looking down at the floor.

"But you know you can't." Nya said, looking into his sapphire blue eyes. "That would change everything. You'd never become a ninja, Lloyd would never unlock his true potential, and... I never would have met you."

Jay gave a small smile at the last part, but then his frown returned. "But I still want to know why she did it." He confessed.

"Jay, if you let her know even a tiny bit about her future, then it could disrupt the whole time stream." Nya said. She put a hand on his cheek and said, "I promise, one day you will find out why she did it, and I'll be there with you when you find out."

That was enough to make Jay smile. Nya leaned closer to him. Jay followed her lead and leaned closer to her. They both closed their eyes and wait to feel the touch between their lips.

Their lips were less than a meter apart when Zane yelled, "Nya! Jay! Come quickly!" At them and bursted into the hallway.

They quickly pulled apart and rushed back into Cyrus's lab. Borg had a worried look on his face as he typed on his computer.

"Oh my!" Cyrus said, very loudly. "It seems that if we don't get the Elemental Masters all back to their time within twenty four hours of when they arrived in our time, then they'll be stuck here forever, and the time stream will be destroyed."

They all gasped at the news and Nya quickly asked, "What time did you four arrive yesterday?"

Ray thought about it for a moment and said, "I think we arrived around six o'clock, based on the sun's position in the sky."

"Right now, it's exactly twelve o'clock, so it gives us about six hours." Zane said.

"So if we don't send the Elemental Masters home in about six hours, then everything in our time will change!" Jay said in a panicked voice.

Nya, Cyrus, and Zane all looked at him and said, "Yes."

Jay then freaked out for a minute before Zane slapped him to calm him down, which was normally Kai or Cole's job. "Thanks, I needed that." Jay said.

"We have to get to the others and help them find the shurikens." Earth said, finally entering the conversation.

Before they all left, Nya said, "Cyrus, can you continue working on finding their way home without us?"

"Of course, but hurry. You only have six hours to get everything back." Cyrus said. With that, Nya rushed after the others and headed to the forest to find the others and tell them the news.