Prologue:

Late night in Tokyo was as it always was. But for Radon, tonight was special. It had been a week after she had escaped from Zenith with the others, and everything still seemed new to her. She'd been stuck in Zenith for nearly 20 years, so the world seemed brand new now. She smiled and closed her eyes as she let the breeze blow through her hair. Rodan was right next to her, and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"How's it feel to be free?" He asked.
"Better than you could ever imagine." Radon sighed, placing a hand on his.
But she didn't have much time to take it in. The two were perched on a ledge of a building out on a late night patrol of the city. Any evil Kaiju spotted roaming the city would have to be reported to Godzilla, and possibly Jet Jaguar or Gypsy Danger depending on the threat level. So far they had found nothing, just like most nights, so they figured they could afford to goof off a little bit. Godzilla had sent the two of them out so they could have some fun alone anyway. But something caught Radon's eye.
"Hey, what's that?" She asked.
"What's what?" Rodan asked back. Radon pointed down towards the harbour, which was a few blocks away. Rodan looked where she was pointing and saw a figure emerging from the water.
"What the hell..." He muttered, grabbing a pair of binoculars he had strapped to his belt. Radon did the same.
"Hey, that kinda looks like Godzilla, doesn't it?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Rodan looked closer, and saw that in some strange way, the figure did resemble Godzilla. However, this figure was much different. Its hair was black, and it had several scars on its face and body, as if the skin on its bones hadn't fully taken hold. The way it walked was strange. This was clearly not human. What made Rodan recognize it was the tattered lab coat that covered its back.
"Uh oh." He said.
"What? You know that guy?" Radon asked.
"Sort of." Rodan replied. "Let's just say I didn't tell you everything about what happened at Jurassic World."
Radon was confused, but chose not to ask questions.
"Anyway, we're gonna have to tell Godzilla about this." Rodan continued, standing up from his perch. The two flew up into the sky from the building they were on, and dashed towards Monster Island.