Chapter 13

Rose felt fear fill her as she watched Jerome's body drop. He was dead. Theo killed him. Part of her wanted to run out on stage, to comfort the dying boy. She didn't though. She just froze up. She could barely breathing correctly as she processed everything that happened.

Her uncle just killed Jerome. For his own benefit no doubt. She knew it all along, but this only confirmed her further belief. Her own uncle was a monster. A killer. Someone who only cared for himself. 

The fear grew as she made eye contact with her uncle. Rose started to back away before she turned around and hurried out of the building. 

If anything happens, just run away

Tabitha's words filled Rose's mind. The girl found the strength she needed. She turned on her feet and took off running. through backstage in search for the nearest door. Rose needed to abandon everything. 

Rose ran into a metal door, throwing herself into the nighttime. She ran into the cool night air. Jerked to a stop, and the girl finally took in a deep breath. She released a shaky one. She felt a sob ready to come out, but nothing did. All she kept seeing was Theo stabbing Jerome in the neck. Blood flowing from the corners of his mouth and up to his eyes. 

There was no way he could be coming back from that death. 

Realization slowly came to her. 

Jerome is dead. He can't scare her anymore. He's dead and he can't come back alive. Jerome was officially gone from Rose's life. She was free of him. She could live her life without worrying about him. She could be somewhat comfortable, knowing that there was no way that he could harm her. 

Sure he had made the promise to leave Gotham with her, but a small part of her knew that that wasn't going to happen. Jerome would find a reason to stay in Gotham, and make Rose stay there with him. However, he's gone and Rose is free of him. Now she only needed to get away from Tabitha and Theo. 

Coming from the main entrance, Rose could see people hurrying out and away from the building. She waited for a bit before seeing the man that Theo talked a lot about; Jim Gordon. 

Taking a deep breath, Rose hugged herself before heading over to him while he was talking to another fellow officer. "Excuse me," Rose's voice was shaky, but she had gotten the attention of Jim Gordon. She didn't plan on what she was going to tell him. Does she tell the full truth? Or does she tell a lie? "I think I might need your help." 

Jim dismissed the officer before turning his attention to Rose. "What's wrong?" He asked, starting to feel worried for this young girl. 

"I was-" Rose stopped herself, starting to feel embarrassed about what she was going to tell him. "I had a relationship with him." She couldn't bring herself to say Jerome's name out loud. "The one who was killed."

"Jerome Valeska?" Gordon found it hard to believe that Jerome was capable of loving someone. Concern filled him when he saw Rose nod her head. He ushered her to a police car, having it in mind to bring her to the precinct so she could answer a few questions. 

"I was wondering if you could help me find a place to stay as well." Rose quietly told Jim, feeling bad that she was asking so much of him. "I don't feel comfortable going home." This raised more awareness in Jim before he nodded his head. He opened the police car for Rose, before closing it behind her and getting into the passenger seat. 

He turned back to face her, seeing fear written all over her face. "What's your name?" 

"Rose." She no longer wanted to be associated with Theo or Tabitha. "Rose Tallman." She used her mother's maiden name, knowing that it would be nearly impossible to link her back to Theo and Tabitha that way.