The man

I can hear the rain pour and pound against my window. I turn over and looked at the time seeing it's still dark out. It's 12:35 am and my boyfriend Colby isn't home yet from filming with sam. I always worry about him exploring abandoned buildings, what if he gets hurt or goes to jail and I wouldn't know about it. As I sit up and get a better understanding of my surroundings, I see the familiar couch at the  end of the bed. I get up and walk down the narrow hall way that leads to the stairs. As I get closer I can hear a commotion down stairs. I can hear sams voice freaking out. "Colby I can't believe that just happened!" It sounded like the usual conversation when they discovered something while they explored. I kept walking, the floors creaking beneath my feet and I swear I could hear more creaking besides the one I'm making. I started to hear sam panic "Colby we got to leave! The man followed us!" I was confused and made me question. Who is the man? I stoped walking but the creaking noises doesn't stop it felt like it was walking towards me. Then there was dead silence. My heart skips a beat as I feel a breath on my neck knowing I'm not the only one up here now. I was hesitant but I eventually turned my body and it froze with fear when I see a shadowy figure at the end of the hall by me and Colby's rooms also sams room. I can see a shiny knife sticking out of his shadow.

*Scream*

I screamed as loud as I could I started tuning for the stairs thinking he was following me behind.

"Y/n!!!" Colby's voice echoed up the stairs. I can now see him and looked scared for his life.
  " Colby!" I ran into his arms.
   "The man! With the knife!"  I then turn and I He man was gone.my whole body was shaking at this point.
   " y/n...... what did the man look like?" He was now freaking me out even more. I turned back to Colby and he had a scared look on his face.
   "He- he was wearing all black an- dd - had a knife sticking out of the sleeve of his ripped dirty looking hoodie" Colby froze. I swear it was like his face turned white. I turned to look at what Colby was looking at. It was the man standing there with an evil grin on his face and had dark soul less eyes. My thoughts were interrupted by Colby grabbing my hand and rushed us down the stairs running almost, I was snapped back into reality.
    " SAM! HE'S IN THE HOUSE!" I see sam grabbing his keys and runs out the door followed by, " RUN!" I turned my head and see the man chasing us out of  the house. Luckily when made it to the car in time. Sam locked the doors and pulled out of the drive way. I can see him running towards the car but we were too fast to make it. We are half way down the road and I tried to comprehend everything that just happened.
    " COLBY! WHO ..... WAS ..... THAT!"
    " I will explain everything once we are safe Colby try's to catch his breath. I can't froget that face, he looked homeless but he had a scary and creepy look, his evil smirk, his eyes are dark and soul less.

    It felt like hours, staring out the window seeing the signs pass by. Eventually they switched lanes and now where heading towards exit 12.
    " go there" Colby says pointing at a comfort inn.

        To be continued.............