8: Who is Blushing

Elliot's view

I wake up bright and early for no apparent reason. I groan and try to shield my eyes from the rays of sunlight shining through the cracks of my curtains.

I slowly sit up and turn to grab my phone from the nightstand. Its eight in the morning.

I throw my phone on the pillow next to me and raise my hands above my head to stretch.

I push my blanket to the side and get up. I walk into the living room and see my brother still passed out on the couch.

I chuckle and walk into my small kitchen to make coffee. What can I say? I'm addicted to caffeine.

As I turn the coffee maker on I open a cabinet and try to figure out what cereal I want. Am I in a captain crunch mood or apple Jack's mood? Hmmm.

I wonder what Brooklyn would pick? Does she even eat cereal or does she actually make herself a healthy breakfast?

Why am I thinking about Brooklyn now? Isn't it too early to think about her?

She's just so beautiful, it's hard for my mind not to wander to her.

What is she up to now? Is she awake? Is she feeling better? Is she worse? Does she just like me or does she like me like me? It has to. It has to be the latter because she made a date with me, right?

Ugh. I hate all this doubtful thinking. I look over at my phone and grab it. I look through my contacts and find Brooklyn's name.

I hover my finger over call, deciding if I should really call her or not. Fuck it, I'm doing it.

The phone rings for four times before I decide to end the call. Suddenly Brooklyn answers, "Hello."

I blank at the sound of her voice. Her voice sounds pretty deep and husky now. She just woke up and her voice is so sexy. I must have stayed quiet for too long because Brooklyn repeats herself and I finally snap out of it.

"Oh hi, Brooklyn. Its Elliot," I say.

"Hey, Elliot. Why are you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep. Did I wake you up?" I ask.

"Yeah," she croaks out.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I just wanted to see how you are feeling now. That and I just really wanted to talk to you," I blurt out. Oh no. I didnt mean to add that last part. Shit.

Brooklyn chuckles and makes me blush when she says, "You're too cute."

"Oh. Um...thank you."

Brooklyn laughs again, "I can feel you blushing through the phone, Elliot."

"No. Not true," I reply.

"Come on, yes you are," she teases.

I defiant say, " not happening. I'm not blushing. I'm not even phased by your words."

"Yeah right, if you were here in person you would ne beet red," she adds.

"In your dreams, Brooklyn."

"You're right. You were doing more than blushing in my dreams, Elliot."

I freeze in shock at her words. "What's wrong, Elliot. Cat got your tongue? Are you blushing like crazy now."

"No. I am not!"

"I don't believe you for a second, Elliot."

"I'll come over right now to prove I'm not blushing," I challenge.