The Hero

Much time had passed since that night in the castle of Hyrule. Midna watched every single knight that was not a shadow being. Zelda had explained that Zant had been turning the knight's into shadow beings. The shadow beings were only created to carry out Zant's wishes.

None of the knights showed promise of being a hero. They were all cowards. That made Midna irritated and ghastly. She wasn't a kind princess anymore. Midna had lots of time to practice using her powers, and she could teleport anywhere now. She was practicing by teleporting from the castle to a place called Faron woods.

Midna had watched the residents of Ordon village. Only one of them showed the abilities of a hero. His name was....Link she thought. Midna thought that if all else failed, she would ask him for the escort to the desert. As soon as he became more of a hero. Right now, he was only a farm boy.

Midna yawned and decided to practice her teleporting again. The shadow beings had been cutting of the portals, making this this hard. Midna chose a portal near Faron woods, but not exactly in the forest. It was at a sanctuary nearby. She focused all her energy on the place, then let it burst out and everything turned black.

She opened her eyes in the sanctuary. There were people there, so she hid herself in the shadow of a tree. It was the boy, Link. He was talking with one of the girls from the village. Midna had watched her a few times. Her name was Ilia. The other boy was much younger and his name was Colin. They were with Link's horse, Epona.

Ilia was saying "Well...Epona seems to be okay Link. You two can go on together. But....Link.....Don't try to do anything-out of your league, okay?"

Link nodded and smiled. Midna watched this in boredom. Sure the hero would have to be pure, but this was just sappy. A loud noise came from outside of the gate. Midna quickly turned to look at it. Some monsters riding boars crashed through the gate. Ilia gasped and ran. Colin and Link stayed rooted to the spot.

One of the monsters shot Ilia in the back, and she fell into the water. Epona neighed and took off. Colin and Link were both hit in the heads. They fell unconscious. Midna gasped. She wanted to do something, but she knew she couldn't. For the first time, Midna could she a strange symbol on Link's hand. It was three triangles, making one large one.

After a bit of thinking Midna remembered Zelda telling her that that was what the Triforce looked like. Link must be the hero! The monsters did'nt seem to notice. The smaller monsters picked up Ilia and Colin by their wrists. The large plump one blew a horn. The portal turned red. Midna thought 'No! How am I going to get out of here?'

The plump monster called to his companions, and they rode off. Link opened his eyes. He slowly sat up, then noticed Ilia and Colin were gone. He scrambled to his feet and out of the gate. Midna followed him. She watched as he ran across the bridge and straight in front of the wall of twilight.

Midna watched in horror as a shadow being reached right through the wall and dragged Link in. Beings of light would not live through that! Midna slipped through the wall. The shadow being was holding Link by the neck. Now that Midna wasn't a shadow, she knew she had to do something. What to do?

The Triforce. The shadow being looked at the triforce on Link's hand, curious. Midna concentrated all her energy on the mark, and it began to glow. The shadow being screeched and threw Link, sending him sprawling across the clearing. Midna quickly hid in the cover of the trees. Link lifted himself on his hands and knees and yelled in agony. His form started to change from human, to wolf.

Link collapsed onto the ground. The shadow being recovered from the light of the triforce and picked Link up again. The shadow being left the woods, dragging Link with him. Midna smiled. She decided to follow this boy. There was no doubt that he was the hero Zelda had spoken of.