Escape

Midna had followed the shadow being all the way back to the castle. It was a long journey, and Link stayed unconscious the entire way there. Once they reached the castle, the shadow being brought Link to the dungeon. It threw Link into the same cell Midna had awoken in. The shadow being left. Midna waited. And waited.

After what seemed like forever Link began to wake up. He stood, and realised he was a wolf. He started to walk around in circles like a fool, then he started barking madly. Midna decided to step in. She disguised herself in the shadows behind Link. Then when he stopped barking she appeared to him. He turned around and began to growl at her.

Midna studied him closely, not giving anything away. Then she smiled. She happily said "Found you!"

She jumped over him and stood before him on the other side. Link barked again. Midna looked at her fingers and said "Tsk tsk. I wouldn't do that if I were you. I was planning on helping you, if you were nice."

Link stopped growling and stood straight. Midna giggled and said "Good boy! Now, stand still."

Midna concentrated on the chain holding him, and held a ball of dark energy. She flung it at the chain and it broke. Link hopped back, somewhat startled. Midna said "Now, where exactly are we? I have a deal, I'll tell you if you can find your way out of that cell."

She used her magic to go through the bars of the cell and waved her hand in a gesture that meant 'Come on!'

Link stared at her in confusion. She just winked and hid in the shadows. Link's eyes widened and he barked once. Midna hissed "I'm still here, just come on! It's not hard to get out."

Link sniffed around and came across a box of hay. He stepped back alittle, then charged into it. Midna smiled and whispered to herself "Clever."

Link dug out of the cell from a hole that was under the box. He stepped out, looking around for Midna. Midna hid herself in the ceiling, then jumped on his from above. He jumped up and ran around in circles barking like crazy. Midna growled "Do you want to get us caught? Look, I can get you out of here."

She pulled on his ear to he could hear her "But you have to do exactly as I say, alright?"

Link solemnly nodded and Midna let go of his ear. She said "Go into the other cell, there should be a tunnel you can escape through. We need to go meet someone."

Midna led Link through the sewers and up the flight of stairs. After a long and difficult trip across the roofs of the castle, they made it to the stairs that led to Zelda's room. Midna patted Link on the shoulder and said "Go up the stairs, we're nearly there!"

Link ran up the stairs and pushed through the open door. Zelda was wearing her cloak again and she was staring out of the window. She turned around when she heard Midna. She said "Midna...? Who have you brought this time."

"This is the hero Zelda!" Midna said proudly.

Zelda turned to Link and said "He has gone through so much, to be here. Did they lock him up?"

Midna nodded. Zelda kneeled down and whispered to Link "There is something you need to know. It's how Hyrule is like this, and how you can stop it."

Midna stopped listening after that. She heard bits and pieces of the story like "Zant walked into the throne room with so many of those black creatures." and "I knew I was beaten. So for the sake of Hyrule, I surrendered." Midna just stared into the flames of the fireplace.

Finally, Zelda stood again. She turned back to Midna and said "Why did you save him though Midna? Why bring him here?"

Midna turned away and shrugged, saying "I don't know, He could help Hyrule I suppose.He is the hero after all."

Zelda said too low for Link to hear "Do not hurt him for your own purposes Midna. This is more than going home. It is also the future of this world, not just your own."

Midna looked at the ground and said no more. Zelda turned back to Link and said "The guard will come any moment. You and Midna need to get out of here as quickly as possible." Link nodded and Midna stood before him again. She said "Don't worry, I'll take good care of him."

Midna smiled and got on Link's back. With a final glance at Zelda, Link left the room. Zelda's words were stuck in Midna's mind. She didn't want to take advantage of Link, and as far as she knew she wasn't. But what will Link think of her?

Link ran down the stairs, but Midna tugged on his ears to stop him. The door creaked open, and she guessed that the guard was coming. Midna whispered "Boy he's prompt!"

She looked up at a open window and gave Link a boost into it. He walked out onto the roof of the castle with Midna hovering in front of him. Midna stopped, thinking about what she was going to do next. She might as well send Link home, there was nothing for him here. All she needed was a lot of power to use the corrupted portal to send him home. She decided to follow him though.

Midna turned around to face Link. She said "So, I might as well send you back to where you first tumbled into twilight."

Link's ears perked up. Midna continued "But, are you sure you should go? Aren't you forgetting something?"

Midna transformed into Colin, and then Ilia. They both had terror on their faces. Link's eyes widened in dismay. Midna laughed, not changing back to her original form. Staying as Ilia, she said "I could help you find them you know, but I will give you some time to think about it. Oh and, in a way, I guess you did get to see Hyrule Castle even if you didn't make the trip to deliver the sword."

Link's eyes widened even further. He barked, then remembered he couldn't talk so he stayed quiet. Midna giggled and said "See you soon!"

She focused her power on him and watched as he warped away to Ordon village. She warped after him. She hid in the shadows and watched Link look around in confusion. Midna said "You may have left the twilight, but did you really think you would turn back into a human? By the way, I will be your shadow from now on, just to watch."

Midna switched to his shadow. Link look at it warily then trotted over to the shattered gate. Midna said from the shadow "Well what now? If we are going to save your friends I am going to need some weapons. Why don't we go to Ordon Village and look for a sword and a shield maybe?"

Link nodded and dashed to Ordon. The last thing Midna thought was 'This will be fun.'