latch 'ch.9

[OAMGSVS 1K READS YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY :') ]

Not one soul spoke of the concert. The fans kept their promise and didn't say anything on social media. Management was monitoring the fans' tweets to check for any footage of the concert. Luke and Calum hadn't been on good terms since then. The rest of their tour was cancelled and each boy took a break from each other. Michael always visited Luke and Ashton always visited Calum. The lads from One Direction checked in with them every so often.

Michael sat with Luke on Luke's sofa and rested his feet on the coffee table. Luke texted Niall and Michael sighed dramatically. "What is there to do here?" He complained. Luke rolled his eyes. "You decided to come here, Michael."

"I came here to hang out, not watch you ignore me." Michael replied. Luke locked his phone and looked at Michael before standing up. "Fine. What would you like to do, Gordon?" Luke huffed.

Michael glared at him. "It is your house, Robert. Why don't you tell me what there is to do around here?" Luke's phone buzzed in his hand and Michael groaned, throwing his arms in the air. "I give up." He said before laying his head on one of the couch cushions.

"Niall invited us to a party tonight." Luke smiled. "It's for their four-year anniversary and a late birthday celebration for mine and Ash's birthdays. Wanna come with?"

Michael nodded, his face still stuffed in the pillow. "Of course." He replied, his voice muffled. Michael sat up and grinned. "Did I ever tell you how good your pillows smell?"

Luke laughed. "I haven't washed them in years. I'm surprised they still smell like her." Michael raised his eyebrow. "Her?"

Luke widened his eyes. "I-I said that 'I'm surprised they still smell like that.' You misheard me, Mikey." Luke laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck as he looked down. "Get your hearing checked." He joked, walking to the staircase. Michael just shrugged and headed towards the front door. "Where's it at?" He asked Luke before heading out.

"Ollemer Pretine. It's a new bar down the street from their hotel." Luke responded. Michael nodded and exited his house.

'

"Are you sure this is the place?" Michael questioned, unsure of their destination. Luke looked at his phone, making sure he read the address correctly. Luke nodded, glancing at the fluorescent sign with the logo 'OP'. They stepped inside and the place was crowded. Michael felt uncomfortable around sweaty bodies and drunk idiots. Luke searched the crowd for any sign of Niall. Someone tapped his shoulder and he flinched. "Oops, sorry." Luke faced the person talking to him and smiled when he realized who it was.

"Well, well. Look who it is." Luke chuckled. "Katelyn Elaine."

Kate smiled and shook her head. "Hi Luke." Michael furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "I'm gonna go find Niall." He muttered before worming his way through the crowd.

"How's life?" Luke asked Kate as soon as they found a seat at the bar. Kate shrugged. "It could be better." Luke frowned and asked the bartender for drinks. The bartender nodded and looked at Luke for a moment. "Hey, are you Luke Hemmings?" She asked. Luke nodded slowly, confused. The bartender smiled. "Hello Luke, I'm Mia. Mr. Niall Horan reserved a room for your celebration to be held. Would you like to be guided to it?" She asked. Luke stared at Kate for a moment and nodded. Mia nodded and led Luke and Kate towards a door in the back of the building. She held open the door for them and closed it behind them as they entered. Niall noticed the door open and walked over to Luke, smiling as he did.

"There's the birthday boy." Niall welcomed Luke to the party and Luke waved. Liam and Zayn held up drinks from across the room and Harry walked up to both of them. "It's been a while, Lucifer."

"Very much, Harold." Luke replied, and Harry smirked. Harry sent Kate a wink and walked over to Louis. Kate grimaced and Luke and Niall laughed. Ashton snuck up behind Luke and poked his sides. Luke squealed and jumped, causing his friends to laugh at him. Luke bent over and tried to calm. "Really Ash? Was that necessary?" Luke huffed. "Is this 'scare the shit out of Luke day'?" He muttered to himself.  

"How'd you know it was me?" Ashton frowned.

"You're the only person who does that to me." Luke answered, standing up straight again.

"Oh." Ashton sighed. He shrugged and slung an arm around Luke's shoulder. "So, who's your friend?" Ashton asked.

"Hi, I'm Kate." Kate introduced herself, sticking her hand out. Ashton gave her a warm smile and shook her hand. "I'm Ashton. Lovely to meet your acquaintance, Miss Kate." Ashton bowed, causing Kate to giggle. Ashton stared at her eyes for a moment and smiled, even wider. Kate flashed him a smile, and laughed a little. "Why don't I get you a drink, Miss Kate." Ashton offered.

"I'd like that." Kate grinned. "And it's just Kate."

"Well then, Just Kate, shall we?" Ashton teased Kate, offering his arm for her to take. She shook her head and laughed, latching to his arm. They strolled to the refreshments booth and Luke sighed.

"How do ya know Kate?" Niall asked. Luke shrugged, unsure if he should explain to Niall his background about Kate.

"She is... was... a sister to my... er... friend?" Luke answered Niall, his comment sounding more like a question. Niall understood and nodded. "I get what you mean now." Luke nodded and pursed his lips.

After a moment of silence, Niall cleared his throat and clapped his hands. "Well, let's get this party started!" Niall cheered. The room full of close friends of the boys' cheered along with him. Luke smiled and sat at a seat next to Harry.

"We meet again, Harold." Luke sighed. Harry stuck his beer out to Luke and gave him a nod. "Go crazy." 

Luke shook his head. "Nah, I don't feel like getting wasted tonight." Harry shrugged and took a sip of his alcohol.

"Oh and Harold," Luke said to Harry. Harry hummed in response.

"It's Lucas, not Lucifer." Luke smirked. "Get your facts right, Styles."

[ hi ok so this is july 20 something 2015 and yeeah the party at that cool bar yeah yeah ok sorry these author's notes are pointless ok bye ]