13

''i want to write songs, i love singing, it's what i do in my free time. ive always wanted to go to a music school and become a singer, but my parents are strictly against it. they think im stupid and that singing will get me nowhere. their words hurt me, but i have a dream and i wish to pursue it. i just, im scared of rebelling against them.''

a frown appeared on my face as i listened to jimins story. his hands were tangled in the long grass as he tugged at a bunch of daisys, pulling them out of the ground with no remorse.

''i wish things could be simple, i wish i could just do what i want without a care for anything or anyone else. i wish i wasn't so scared of doing what i truly want.''

i placed my hand on his, preventing him from harassing any more plants.

''in the end, jimin, it's your life. you should do what you feel is right, you should listen to your heart so that you don't end up wasting your life on doing things you don't like. if you wish to become a singer, you should chase that dream. after all, people with dreams and goals in life are much happier and their ambition fuels them to do everything in their will to succeed in life. you should seriously think about going to music school, whether your parents are happy about that or not.''

jimins face lit up as he listened to my monologue. i swear i could see brightly colored stars dancing in his eyes as he stared at me.

'' thank you, jihye, ill think about it. you have a way with words.''

i felt the blood rush to my cheeks, bringing my hands towards my face to touch them, i felt the warmth travel to my hands. i must have looked like a tomato, how embarrassing.

we watched the sunset together, gazing at the breathtaking, brilliant red sky hover over us. the scenery was absolutely beautiful, but jimins glowing face was even more beautiful to me.