TWO

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

"I NEED YOU TO GET SOME THINGS AT THE MARKET. I HAVE A FEW CONFERENCES TO ATTEND ALONG WITH TEACHER PLANNING AND SOME GRADING PERIODS."

Snipe's words replayed in your head as you waited in the line at your local bank. Even though he had just bought some groceries a few days prior, he missed a few things and some of the products he bought needed to be returned. Snipe had planned to do that himself until he remembered how unforgiving his schedule was. You offered to do most of his errands while you stayed with him wanting to be of help since he was so stressed and he greatly appreciated it. He gave you some grocery money the night before. On your way there, you realized that you had to cash in your paycheck from work and decided to kill two birds with one stone.

Most of the things are meats and veggies, that's all his diet is honestly. you thought while reading Snipe's updated grocery list. 'Organic Coffee Beans imported from Peru..make sure it's from Peru!' Picky...

"Thank you, come again." You looked up from your phone relived to hear the bank teller. The line was reasonably long and wasn't moving as fast as you would've liked. Maybe I should've done this online..

"Oh, hello Donna!" The bank teller greeted.

"Hi, Leslie! How are you?"

"Pretty good, got called in a little earlier than I'd like but getting through it," Leslie said, sharing a laugh with Donna. "How 'bout you? How's Lee doing?"

Hearing this, Donna sighed with a sad frown. "I don't know what's going on it's like he isn't talking to me anymore. Ever since he started his new year in school he's been more standoffish? I've tried to talk to him but he doesn't want to, know? I just want to know more and help with whatever he's feeling that's got him like this."

Leslie's smile softened feeling bad for her long time friend. "I'm sorry to hear that. You just gotta be patient with these types of things."

"I know, I know. I just don't want him to do anything...drastic." Donna brows met at the thought of her son. She shook the feeling off and started to dig around in her bag for her wallet, "I'm holding up the line, aren't I? Sorry just need to cash this in."

"No no!" Leslie shook her head, reassuring her friend. "Don't worry about it, but if you want to talk more you can call me after my shift or I could call you. Just to get your mind off things or say anything else that's been bothering?"

"Really?"

"Really."

Donna's brows relaxed and her lips molded into a smile. "I um, there are actually somethings I want to get off my chest. Thanks."

"No problem," Leslie said reaching out for Donna's check. Donna handed her the check watching as she started the whole transaction. "When do you get off work?" she asked.