1 ┆raindrop

Terezi tied the knot with Gamzee 3 months ago. The two had been dating for almost 2 years when she noticed that it wasn't healthy. Their relationship was severely toxic, and so was Gamzee himself. He was almost like a drug to her. But that's besides the point. It's been 3 months, she's started dating this new guy named Dave who is...unfaithful for lack of worst words. He's always out, always doing shady shit, fucking around with other boys and girls. Terezi doesn't know what to do about this. Part of her wants to leave Dave but she knew she'd been alone without him. So she did the only thing she knew— she called him.

Terezi pressed her hand against the window, rain drops slowly making their way down to to bottom of the frame. Her face said nothing, it was blank. But deep down, underneath this mask of nonchalant, anxiety, and conflict brew. It bubbled in her chest like an over brewing tea pot, and soon enough it will overflow. A sigh left her lips. She looked out the window, then to the cell phone in her hands. The cell phone had a number on speed dial.

'I don't want to call him.' Terezi spoke to herself. 'I don't need to call him.' She lied. She is lying to herself and no one knows that better then her. Maybe even he knows she's lying to herself. He definitely knows.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, her thumb hovering over the big green call button. Her teeth dig into her chapped lips. Her eyes squeezed shut, and in one quick motion,

she pressed the call button.

"Hello?" That voice. That horrible, deep, throaty sounding voice.

Terezi swallowed again, the out of her stomach felt heavy. She blanked for a second, she didn't know what to say. She cursed herself for not thinking this through.

"Hellooo?" The voice on the other line said, sounding more persistent.

Terezi snapped out of her haze. "G—" She began to say his name, but stopped herself. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of her saying his name the first time they speak since 3 months ago.

"Hi." Her voice sounds stiff, and cold. Silence fell over the two for a moment.

"Ter—"

"Come over." She blurted. Then instantly regretted it. "P-please. Please come over." She sniffled, tears flowed down her cheeks. She wanted him to hold her again. She wanted him to hug her and whisper sweet nothings to her.

Another pause of silence, then

he hung up.