Chapter Two | Never Have I Ever

"Someday, everything will make perfect sense.  So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason." - John Mayer

******

IT TAKES ALL of my willpower not to scream at the sight of this boy.  He has chestnut brown hair, olive skin and ice grey eyes.  His jawline is chiseled to perfection and his lips are soft and pink.  He's only sitting on the roof and leaning against his window, but his muscles are prominent through his clothes.  He's so attractive that he puts Greek Gods to shame. 

"What are you doing on my roof?" I whisper snap.

He remains calm and collected as his delicate pink lips part to speak.  "It's my roof too, now.  We're neighbors.  You know, people who live next door to each other?" He drawls sarcastically.  His voice is deep and irresistibly sexy.  I narrow my eyes and cross my arms.  Does this imbecile think I'm dumb?

"Obviously I know what it means.  You don't look like a boy next door type."  I muse, sitting down on my side of the roof and leaning against the window.  For the first time in our encounter, his frown fades into an amused smirk.  The corners of his lips turn up and it gives me a fluttery feeling.  No catching feelings for you Astrid, Aidan would hate that.

"And you don't look like the sweet girl next door either, Princess." He responds flirtatiously.  Princess? What kind of nickname is Princess? I wrinkle my nose as soon as those words flow out of his mouth. He's so original!

I turn to crawl back into my secluded bedroom, when he calls out. "Wait!" I turn around. "I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Ryder Stone, your neighbor."  He tells me.  I stare into his grey eyes, hoping to read into him, but he's just as closed off as I am.  I wonder if he's as fucked up as I am.  He stares at me for a few seconds, and we both end up just looking at each other.

"Are you, like, expecting me to tell you my name? Because that's not happening."  I say stubbornly.  I don't know why, but I get good vibes from him.  And I don't get good vibes from anyone.  When I first met Taylor I didn't even get good vibes from her, but now we're best friends. 

"I guess I'll have to keep calling you Princess."  He says.  I've only known him for a couple of minutes but he already knows how to irritate me.  I scowl at him and sit down where I sat before.  He smirks again, and I can't help but think about how attractive he is.  Stop!'

"No way-" I start.

"Let's play a game."  He says.  I consider it; go back inside and face Aidan or chill out here with a stranger.  The latter option seems much more appealing.  I lean against the window and cross my arms.  I don't say anything but he knows I agree.  I can't help but think that Ryder is extremely sexy when he talks.  Or breathes.

"If I win, you tell me your name.  And if you win, I'll keep calling you Princess."  I furrow my eyebrows.  It's a win-win situation for him, and a lose-lose one for me.  I look up and see that it's still daylight out.  I take a few seconds to decide.

Anything is better than Aidan.

"Let's play Never Have I Ever."  I say.  I really want to know more about Ryder, even if that means sacrificing information about myself.  He nods in agreement.  "You first."  I say. We simultaneously both lift up ten fingers.