November

Mrs. Holland suggested that we combined our family Thanksgivings and my mom was all for it. She never really had any family and ever since my dad had left us, we never celebrated Thanksgiving much. Since the Hollands had never celebrated Thanksgiving before, they wanted to celebrate it for the first time and who better to share it with than your neighbors?

My brother and I were watching the Parade on TV as my mom cooked. Whenever she called for help, we did Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who was up for the challenge. I was helping Mom peel the potatoes when my phone buzzed and I checked it. It was a text from Harrison telling me Happy Thanksgiving and I smiled. "Did Tom text you?" my mom asked and I shook my head. "You were smiling so I figured he did. Did you ever confess your feelings to that boy?" right as she asked that, my brother walked in.

"Kenny has feelings for someone? Who?" he asked. I shook my head and tried to say it was nothing but my mom told him anyway. "Tom? Like our famous neighbor Tom?" He cracked a smile and began to snicker, causing me to be a little frustrated. "What about it, Levi? We're like best friends, I have a right to like him," I argued. "You're only best friends now. What's going to happen when you guys graduate and he's back in Hollywood or London? I don't think you'll be best friends then," he made a good point, but it was a point I didn't want to hear. Rather than run away and abandon my mom, I rolled my eyes and ignored Levi, continuing to help with the dinner.

We arrived at Tom's house at about five, bringing in our multiple dishes with the help of Harry, Tom's brother. I had only met the rest of the Holland sons once or twice; every time I was at Tom's they were somewhere else. Mrs. Holland greeted us and thanked us for the dishes. "Is Tom not celebrating with us today?" My mom asked and Mrs. Holland shook her head. "No, Harrison's parents left for a family emergency, so Tom went to hang out with him," Mrs. Holland said.

I knew I shouldn't have been disappointed, but I'll admit, my heart dropped a little. It was going to be our first Thanksgiving and maybe even our last, taking Levi's words into account. As much as I hated to admit it, my brother was right. Tom was going to resume his celebrity status while I moved to a college town about an hour or two away to live my separate life. We would only know each other for a year and he would forget me while I would cling on to our memories like oxygen.

   We said grace and began our meal, making small talk every now and then. "So you and Tom are dating?" Harry asked and I almost choked on my food. Attempting to swallow, I shook my head while Mrs. Holland butted in. "It would seem like it," she said, "But they're just friends, Harry." Harry looked at me and winked, "Friends."

   "She wished they were more than," Levi muttered a little too loudly  and I dropped my fork. Mom scolded him as Mrs. Holland looked at me in awe. I figured she would hate me or something, considering Tom had probably experienced this before with former friends, but she was smiling. "Is that true, Kennedy? Do you like Tom?" She asked me.

I kept my eyes focused on the untouched food and shrugged, "I don't know. It's complicated." "You two would be wonderful together!" She clapped her hands together and I looked up. "He talks about you all the time, nonstop," She stood up, opened her fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water, "When you two had your little fight, he was so heartbroken. I had never seen that boy act the way he did."

"Yeah he's been less of a dick," said Sam, another one of Tom's brothers. Mrs. Holland scolded him for his profanity and he backed out of the conversation. "He is right, however," she continued, "Tom does get a little rude at times because of the stress and whatnot, but this year he's been a total sweetheart." "It might have to do with not filming anything new this year," I suggested, "Or nobody giving him any crap about his fame or celebrity status."

"We thought that too, but he's still pretty occupied with the acting now. He just got booked for an audition for Spiderman and he has to fly back to London for one or two premieres. He still has the same hectic schedule, but you're the only difference," Harry finished his point with a bite of broccoli, "You two are practically made for one another, might as well start boning already." "Harry!" Mrs. Holland chastised her son.

We returned to our house two hours after the dinner. It was a good time; our moms got wine drunk and started complaining about everything from periods to their husbands (or my moms lack of one), and I got friendlier with the other Holland siblings. It felt like a real Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time.

Going up to my room and starting some homework, I heard my phone start buzzing. I picked it up and saw it was a FaceTime call from Tom. I answered it and the phone screen revealed him and Harrison, holding vodka bottles in their hands and laughing their asses off. "Heyyyy, Kennedyyy," Tom slurred and Harrison repeated his words, "Happy Thansgivemas!"

"Tom," I violently whispered, "Why are you drunk?" The situation was hilarious, but nerve wracking at the same time. He could do something that could ruin his reputation while inebriated and I wouldn't be able to do a thing. "I needed relief," he smiled lazily and shooed Harrison away, "Go away. I need to spill a secret."

Harrison left and soon it was just Tom and I, the only thing separating us was our proximity. "What's your secret?" I asked him in a voice that mimicked that of a teacher to a toddler. Tom dropped the phone, laughed for what seemed like ten minutes and picked it up, saying, "Aw shit it's broken." A few moments later, he smiled again and said, "Hehehe...it was just my reflection."

I waited for him to get situated. He sat on the couch and yelled at Harrison for a little more, cracking jokes before he came to and saw my face on the phone. "I have a secret, Kennedy," his face was concerning, "You can't even tell sober me." It was an odd request but I complied. "I love you," He was about to sleep, "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love y..." And with that, he trailed off into sleep.

I smiled and whispered goodnight to him and hung the phone up. Though I should've been overthinking his words, I couldn't be bothered to. He's told me he's loved me on multiple occasions, he says it in a friendly matter. Tom was also super fucking hammered and obviously didn't know what he was saying, but drunk words tell sober truths.

After finishing one homework assignment, I deemed it enough for me and I turned out my light, going to bed. Putting my phone on the charger and I checked it one more time before going to bed. I had a text from Tom saying: I'm in love with you.

Okay I know I keep saying Mrs. Holland every time I mention her, but for some reason every time i wrote a chapter her name slips my mind so I'm like fuck it, it's Mrs Holland again.
ALSO I don't have access to a laptop for the next week so updates will be slow if they come at all this week.

Don't forget to vote, comment, that good stuff.

~Not edited~