Ch. 16: Rocking in the Grain

I woke up at around 9:30 in the luxurious hotel bed. I got up and looked around for my notebook. I usually write any important photo shoots for the day or just something I was looking forward too. Led Zeppelin had their concert today at the auditorium but I was looking to see if I wrote it down last night. It turns out I didn't so I have no idea when to get ready. 

I put on some simple clothes as I opened the door to try to find Bill to ask about the concert, I saw a piece of paper slip off from the door. I picked it up as it read, 

"Be at the Municipal Auditorium by 5:45 pm. Ask one of the security guards named William, he is tall with jet black hair, to bring you backstage afterwards. He'll know who you are. -Jimmy.

After I read it, I walked out into the hallway to see if any of them were there. Jimmy walked around the corner last night so there room was probably down there, but none of them were in sight. 

"Hey Paul, sorry to wake you, but do you happen to know where I can find Bill?" I asked as Paul opened his door after I had gently knocked on it. 

"Um, maybe down in the breakfast, no clue," he said barely having his eyes open.

"Okay thanks," I said as I walked to the elevator. As I got down to the first floor, I could hear a lot of people around talking. They were all rambling about what seemed like the concert and how many fans were going to be there. After about five minutes of walking around, I finally found Bill sitting reading a news paper.

"Sorry to bother Bill, but is there a specific area or place I need to be located to take pictures of Led Zeppelin for their concert today?" I asked.

"Well I don't think so, as long as you get some photos of them, it will be fine where ever," he said taking up a cup of coffee. 

"Okay, should I wear the name tag just in case I get pulled over for taking the photos," I said.

"Yeah, you might as well," he continued.

"Well thank you, I'll see you around then," I said as I left.

"Alright, try to take some good shots, and have fun," he said as he smiled. I nodded and walked out of the busy area. I walked outside to get some fresh air since it hadn't been so fresh from Bourbon street last night. Many cars were passing by, probably because of the concert. I thought I could take a walk over to the auditorium to check it out, make sure I knew how to get inside.

"Excuse me ma'am, is that the Municipal Auditorium?" I asked a lady who stood next to her three small children.

"Yes it is sweetheart," she said.

"Okay thank you," I smiled as I walked closer to the building. I remember when I used to go to my grandmothers house and she would always have me talking in a respectful way, so I still do that. 

The auditorium was a large rectangular building with many windows running down the side of it. Ahead of it was a rather big park as well where many people were gathered up all wearing their Led Zeppelin t-shirts and shorts. It was actually pretty warm for being mid May. 

"Miss, your not allowed this close up to the building at the moment," said a man who wore a shirt with a tie. 

"Oh okay sorry," I said as I turned away and headed back to the hotel. At first I thought it was the man who Jimmy told me about on the note, but this man was fairly short with red hair. As I approached the skyscrapers more, I began to hear the rumble of cars on the long roads. My hair swept across my face as the wind blew the opposite direction. 

Twenty minutes later, I got back to the hotel and walked down the long hallway. I took the elevator up all the way to the twelfth floor and when the doors opened, I saw Paul and Sarah standing there talking.