Chapter 1

Run.

Don't stop.

Keep running.

Don't look back.

These thoughts rushed into Percy Jackson's mind as he began running through the forests. He heard faint shouts from behind him, calling his name. But he couldn't stop. He can't.

He kept running, adrenaline starting to ware off as he slowed down. He made sure he was far enough from Camp Half-Blood. He sighed as he stopped. He has non-stopped running for a good amount of time. He completely stopped in his tracks, and laid back onto a tree. His heavy breaths was the only thing he could hear.

He slid down the tree to fall onto the ground. He tucked in his knees and put his face into his hands. Tears streamed down his face as he began sobbing.

It's better this way. Nobody will get hurt. Nobody.

Percy cried. He knew it was all of his fault for the injury of Nico. It was his fault he didn't warn anyone. Ever since his dream, Percy has been on edge. But when the incident with Nico happened, all he could do was blame himself.

Annabeth's broken face when she heard Percy telling her to leave him alone. Annabeth's broken face when Percy ran away from her, and her broken face when he locker her out of his cabin.

But it was better this way. Nobody will get hurt because of him.

That's right, Perseus. It will be your fault when the downfall of camp begins. Your fault when Annabeth dies. Your fault when everybody you love begins to suffer.

Nyx said in Percy's mind. Percy knew not to listen to her, but he knew it was true for what she said. It was his fault Nico almost died.

All your fault.

Nyx continued to say in his mind, until Percy was fed up with it.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

Silence.

He sighed. Tears continued rolling down his cheeks as flashbacks of what happened flashed into his mind. He didn't want to relive those moments again. But his mind didn't listen as everything that that happened replayed.

+++FLASHBACK+++

Percy smiled when he woke up with a fistful blonde curls. The lemon scent that radiated off her hair and into Percy's nostrils. He loves the smell.

He puts his hands on Annabeth's hips, burring his face deeper into her hair.

Annabeth giggled and turned herself towards Percy.

"Good morning, beautiful." Percy said as he pecked her lips.

"Good morning, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth smiled.

They cuddled together, enjoying each other's presence. Annabeth placed her head on Percy's chest - smiling since he had no shirt on and got to enjoy the view of his abs - and sighed. Percy pulled her closer, his hands on her bum. When he lightly squeezed, Annabeth jolted.

"Percy! You know the rules. Chiron only let us sleep together because of nightmares, and said no sexual touching." Annabeth whined.

"He won't know." Percy pouted, his famous seal puppy face making Annabeth frown.

"You're impossible."

"But you love me." Percy teased.

"You're a dork." Annabeth shook her head.

She quickly turned away from him and checked the alarm clock.

Seven thirty.

"Styx! Were late!" Annabeth hurriedly got up, and dashed to the bathroom.