Chapter 7

Percy

He ran into the room, only finding a new girl with Natasha, holding Tony down.

"Tony! Listen to me. Just focus on my voice." The new lady said, holding onto Tony's hand.

His eyes were flickering between brown and yellow, which meant it was working. Percy assumed she was the lady Natasha was talking about, the lady named Pepper.

"That's it, Tony. Just concentrate on me." Pepper soothed, her hand on the light beam coming out of his chest.

His eyes flickered to brown, and this time it didn't turn back to yellow.

"Pepper?" Tony said in realization as she hugged him.

Pepper then slapped him across the cheek. "Don't scare me like that ever again!"

"I won't." Tony promised, then proceeded to hug Pepper again.

Natasha and Steve were staring at the couple, meaning Percy had a chance to escape.

Go ahead, Perseus. Don't want this to happen again now do you?

'Shut up' Percy said to Nyx.

Suddenly, a burning sensation was felt on his back, and Percy yelled in pain. Immediately the couple and Natasha and Steve looked at him in a concerning way.

Percy fell to the ground and shut his eyes, not wanting to release any more yells of pain in front of mortals.

Never tell me to shut up ever again, Percy.

Percy groaned in response, while Natasha bent down next to him.

"What's wrong?" She asked, helping him up.

"Nothing." Percy whispered in pain. He grimaced and looked away.

"Percy..." Natasha said uncertainly, staring at his back.

"What?" He turned.

"Steve, get Bruce." Natasha said hurriedly, as she walked to the bed Tony was tied onto.

She pushed him off - receiving yells from Tony - and urged Percy to sit down on it. He stared confusingly at Natasha, before the burning sensation started bubbling again. He whimpered in pain, biting his lip. He didn't want to release the information of the Greek world to mortals. Although he said there was a ghost possessing Tony, he knew they'd ask questions later.

"Take off your shirt." Natasha urged.

Percy froze. Of course he wouldn't take off his shirt. Too many scars of the past would arouse questions. Not only that, but it would release him into a panic attack, which only Annabeth would help.

Annabeth.

He needed Annabeth. He missed her the most out of all of camp. He wanted to hug her, kiss her, and keep her in his arms. He missed her lemony scent, and missed her princess curls that he could twist with his finger.

His heart yearned for Annabeth, but his mind said other wise. If he was simply a meter within her presence, she would be gone.

"Percy? Percy!" Natasha waved her hand in front of his face.

"No." Percy said simply.

"Yes." Natasha urged.

"No!" Percy yelled backing away.

"Percy-"

"No! Leave me alone!" Percy yelled and continued taking steps back.

His breathing became small ragged breaths, and his mind started spinning.

Remember Tartarus? You'll soon be there with me.

Percy ignored the waving of hands and yells of the people around him. He started getting dizzy, and he put his hands on his head.

No. No. No. No.

He did one thing he could only do. He ran. He ran out of the room, and pushed things out of his way. He heard shouts, but they were faint faint whispers. He kept running, eventually finding an elevator. He vigorously pressed the button numerous times as the elevator doors finally opened. He entered then vigorously pressed the closing button.

Percy! Stop!" Natasha yelled as the doors closed in her face.

Percy felt silent tears fall down his cheek as the elevator sped downwards. When it dinged, Percy sprinted out of the building. He looked around his surroundings, finding people in business suits stare at him weirdly. Percy ignored him as he ran towards the big doors of the entrance.

As he felt the fresh cold air of New York City, Percy kept running. His tears fell more rapidly, and he blinked them back. He didn't know where he was going. He just wanted to run. To run away from everything. He didn't want to harm anyone else. Tony was affected, who knew who was next?

Percy kept running, but his adrenaline started to tire out. He slowed down to a jog, but then felt something behind him. Not wanting to get hurt any more, he returned back to running.

He found himself running towards his mothers house, and kept running. He knew he was making a bad decision, but he wanted to say one last goodbye. He owed that much to her.

But suddenly, Percy came crashing down onto the sidewalk, hitting another person. Percy quickly got off and apologized. He offered a hand, and helped the person up.

But he was met with a certain grey eyed girl, with blonde curls.

-oOo

Sorry for the short chapter! Anyway, was that a good ending? I hope so. Thanks for reading guys, 140 reads is a lot for only seven chapters. Thank you all for reading!

PEACE OUT

-DaQUEEN234