Chapter 1

"break a leg" mother grins, It's my first day in school and my first day at the studio after school, "oui mama" It's just me and mama at the moment, papa is still trying to get enough money to come here, Los Angeles.

She perks up my loose curls "just as beautiful as me" she smirks as i giggle mother has always been a joker, she can't take anything seriously "alright bye" I kiss her cheek and head out closing the door checking I have a key, money, all my books and pens. It's march so everything is in full blossom, not too cold not too hot just soft breeze pushing my blonde hair back, people always compliment me for my hair as it just pure light blonde I get a the frequent 'what dye do you use' I start skipping slightly getting a few glares and so I guess i should stop...

I'm here... I stumble a little as soon as a girl bumps into me "watch it" she snaps "I'm sorry" I know that my accent is very thick and it will change hopefully "ugh whatever" she scoffs and struts into the building, my feet budge a little, god this is scary please help me through this day, my legs start moving slowly into the building and I'm greeted with a sign 'admission' Alrighty.

I gently push the door open and see an older women reading a paper "oh heya what can i do for you little lady?" she grins "I'm new here I came to pick up my things" I've seen this is how it works on TV, "name?" she walks behind the desk "Grace L. Murphy" a mange to mumble out "ah our first international student welcome to America, it must be different from France but don't worry you will get comfortable in no time" she says rather slowly which i dread that this will happen with everyone I meet today.

"follow me here's your schedule by the way" she paces me a paper and leads me out into the hallways surrounded my lockers "that one is yours" she points at one and continues wobbling away. she slams her knuckles on a door repeatedly until a male teacher opens "new student" she whispers and walks away, "alright class we have a new student this year i hope you treat her with kindness and welcome her with open arms" he says the heads further into the room sitting down on his chair, i walk slowly into the room i hear all the boys whistling which fears me from when the boys in Pairs that meant she was a whore.

"Hello I'm Grace Murphy and I moved her from France, I understand english very well so no need to slow down your words" yep that was a very thick accent, every blinks not saying a word not even the howling boys, "you can have a seat right there Miss.Murphy" the teacher points to a seat beside a boy who's just starring dead at me...

"so, pop quiz time"the teacher grins taking out pieces of paper making everyone groan "just to see where you are at" he gives me a reassuring smile as the paper is passed to, the person in the very back row with the window view, rather the best seat in the classroom, It's a math test, simple.

"alright you have 30 minutes" he says starring at his wrist watch, the test is simple algebra. math is my best subject to be fair i have a advantage, i soon finish and head straight down to him as everyone stares in shock "thats been just 10 minutes are you sure you checked everything?" he takes my paper and nod and head back to my seat, the boy beside me tilts his paper "whats the answer?" he mouths his lush light red lips he is handsome... i start to write the answer on my palm and tilt my hand to reveal the answer, he smirks and winks, my cheeks start to redin so i turn my head quickly.

I hear a soft chuckle and he stands up and heads to the front of the class, soon everyone finishes and who i learnt was Mr.Green started talking about Algebra "your quiz will be handed in to you tomorrow morning" he claps his hand and the bell ring everyone rises and leaves but I just do a 360 not knowing which direction to go "your quiet helpless huh?" I turn to see the handsome boy in my class "Grace isn't it?" he smiles towering over me I simply nod, he's tall too...

he grabs my paper "this way." "I'm James, James Dean by the way"