chapter 3

"you, go clean up the table" the director clicks his fingers at me not giving me a glance as he points to a wooden desk on the set, I rush to it staking the props "no no no keep it messy god your so dumb!" another man says yelling at me "I-I'm sorry he told me to clean u-"

"wow yours a handful aren't ya? talking back to your superior?"the man raises his voice by each word, "starting now" a man yells out making everyone get off of the set and the wood claps together for the first take, I gulps holding my breath starring out at him, Marlon Brando, my cheeks begin redden, i feel like everyone can hear my heart beat at this point. he walks out the arch with a stride to meet with a brunette actress, i always knew that i should learn the new actresses and actors names but i only knew the old ones from the 20s to 30s, Grandpapa owned a theater that showed the pictures and owned all of the english pictures even the silent ones, we always wanted to stars ourselves, i still do and she wants me to as well i don't know if she still wants to.

 he walks out the arch with a stride to meet with a brunette actress, i always knew that i should learn the new actresses and actors names but i only knew the old ones from the 20s to 30s, Grandpapa owned a theater that showed the pictures and own...

his eyes land on me... I quickly turn away seeing a slight smile land on his lips "cut!" the diecractor yells and walks his short stubby legs towards him "I need your eyes on her" he raises his brows yelling so much his face turns quiet funny, "no smiling, the love of your life is going to marry some other man!" he wobbles back to his seat and Mister Brando impersnate his face I feel a giggle escape my lips but i hurry and change it into a cough covering my embrassement.

the scene starts again but he walks still gazing right at me, i frown and walk off to the makeup table checking my mirror, what the hell is so funny to him, maybe its my red cheeks, my point tail hair? is my ribbion to childish "hello there" i see the makeup artist smile at me "oh im sorry" i quickly step back from the set up "no no its ok dear" she walks closer to me starring at me, yeah i look like an 8 year old girl. "are you alright hun you're so red, your like a tomato" she giggles "um no, i blush easily" i drag my eyes down I'll just blush again god get a hold of yourself Grace!

"it's absolutely adorable! oh talk more your accent is absolutely gorgeous!" my cheeks warm up again dammit. "oh!" she giggles out clapping her hands in front of her mouth "sit sit i want to try a look on you" she pushes me into a seat and grabs a brush and pushes through my lashes and brings a brush to my eyebrows, finally applies something on my lips i've never put make up on before mama always told me to wait till i was 16 and i have been for 9 months now "Wow..." this isn't me...   "oh mon dieu je ne me ressemble pas" i mumble out "your so adorable!"  the women sequels again "damn right" i can feel my heart drop "Oh Marlon" how can she be so calm...

"we need you on set for miss Teresa Wright needs attention urgently" he places a posh British accent which suits him even though he's being extra, I'm being to much of a little girl right now "oh really why didn't you bring a assistant to call me, first time you come" she raises her brows but his eyes are still fixated on me still not responding to her "anyways bye I'm Lisa" she scoffs starring at him she drags him away, I'm probably an actual tomato right now because his eyes still didn't leave me  "BRANDO!" the short director says who finally snapped him out of his glare towards me "less flirting with the underaged staff and more acting!" Lisa sprints off of stage to me "she is a pain" she sighs and pants "whats your name hun?"she smiles keeping her eyes on organizing the makeup. "Grace Murphy" I say helping her, theres so much of it...

"how old are you hun" she takes them out of my hand "17 in 3 months" she stops and looks right at me and chuckles... "your a baby!" I start to put jokingly "you know Marlon is 27" she still keeps her eyes on me "I know..." i keep my eyes downcasted, I never thought of it like that but Im just a fan, i like Sinatra but i wouldn't court him. "great, Murphy you will be Lisa's assistant" a man bumps into us "what?" Lisa looks up finally "your assistant Eva quit, now you finally have a assistant you get along with anyways your needed on studio 6 tomorrow at 5pm"