Evangeline

Evangeline

For the first time in forever, Evangeline smiled.

It felt as if the heavens are rejoicing with her, as if the waters entered and salvaged her soul, as if the mountains roared to defend her battlecry, as if the angels covered her eyes from everything wrong, and as if she finally felt free.

She inhaled the northern wind of Bataan as she let her tears stream down her face. The wind blew past her face, as if it's trying to wipe her tears that vigorously poured as she smiled.

Up the sky are the stars, twinkling and shining at her.

"I'm not a stranger to the dark..." she sang in a whisper. Bitter sweet memories flashed and she can't help but let out a sarcastic smile. "Hideaway they say... Cause we don't want your broken parts."

She continued to humm the song as she found a little log and used it as a stool. She sat there and opened her phone's voice recorder.

"I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me."

She laughed as she felt her heart so full. She uploaded the audio in one of her social media accounts. She's firm about her decisions. It's time for her to be happy.

She has her own following on social media, she uploads videos of her song covers and vlogs, to add up to that, she's from a big political clan. Everyone depicts her to be perfect and flawless.

When she pressed the home button on her screen, Gianna's smiling picture flashed as her wallpaper. Gianna wore her favourite pink oversized shirt as she posed while leaning at the balcony. It was taken from her 18th birthday. Three years ago.

She heaved a sigh as she felt her insides churn with joy

She heaved a sigh as she felt her insides churn with joy. She'll probably go to her straight after this trip.

She didn't mind the little pain from her left cheek. She received a slap from her mother, Eleanor Cuevas-Cojuanco, a former beauty queen, for being her - for she failed to meet the Society's standard of deity. Her father, Senator Paulino Cojuanco, on the other hand, gave her a cold stare. That's like the usual, but it didn't bothered her.