The End

Daniel Roche was born on December 25th as a surprise Christmas present. Connor stood by Ned, holding his hand, and cut the cord—vowing to raise the kid as he would his own. Although Little Ned still resented Ned, he loved having a little brother and would happily play with him whenever he got the chance. Unlike Little Ned, Daniel was perfectly healthy and was brought into the oddest family ever. Ned had taken Connor's bed and Connor slept uncomfortably on the couch, sacrificing that comfort for Ned.

One night, Connor snuck into the bed with Ned because the den was extremely cold. Ned's heat was soothing, but Ned tensed at Connor's cool skin. "I guess I can't kick you out of your own bed." Ned said, with anguish. Connor laughed, and they faced opposite directions.

"Ned."

"Connor."

"Marry me." Connor spoke softly, Ned sprung up.

"We're not even dating!" He screamed through the quiet apartment.

"But we love each other. You can't deny that." Connor knew it was true, and so did Ned. The glance was one of understanding, and Ned practically jumped on Connor. He pressed his lips sloppily against Connor's, not minding the heat difference, and ran a hand through Connor's luscious brown hair. Connor pulled away. "Is that a yes?" Bed nodded, pulling Connor's head back.

***

Connor was dressed in a clack tuxedo and Ned sported a gorgeous white one. Ned glances at the crowd that consisted of only Little Ned bouncing a year old Daniel in his arms. Little Ned made Daniel wave at the couple, and they all chuckled a bit. "You ready?" Connor asked.

"Never been more ready." Ned knew this was true. There was no one in the entire galaxy he'd prefer, not even Chris Pine.

"Ned Roche, you graced me at the young age of seventeen with my first love and my only love. We've been through it all and always find our way back to each other because even the universe agrees that we were meant for each other. You are the water to my fire and the oil to my water and that's why there's no one more perfect for me than you. You challenge me and help me to grow. Everyday is a blessing with you, even the difficult ones. When we met I was broken, but you slowly mended the broken parts and fixed my damaged heart with your wittiness and sparkling blue eyes. You gave me two beautiful sons and a love that will last a life time. I've waited everyday for this moment when we promise to love each other forever because forever is only worth it if it's alongside you." Conor said.

"Conor Masters, you're the only person I know who can make me feel like the luckiest and infuriated man at the same time. I've helped you to take in the scenery of life and you've aided me in working hard for my ambitions. Not only do I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but anything that comes after too. I promise to love you with everything I have and to be there for you no matter what."

"Do you, Conor Masters, take Ned Roche through sickness and health to be your husband?"

"I do." Conor smiled, the face looking as in love as when they were teenagers.

"Do you, Ned Roche, take Connor Masters through sickness and health to be your husband?"

"I do." Ned didn't hesitate because he knew Conor was truly the love of his life.

"You may now kiss the husband." Conor leaned in and gave a soft, comfortable kiss to Ned. Ned felt his insides warm and a calmness came over his entire body. When Conor pulled away it felt like a part of him was leaving. Ned looked over to Daniel and Little Ned, who smiled at the two.

***

Little Ned's son, Ned II, looked like the perfect mixture of Conor and Ned. Daniel's son, Conor II, resembled Conor—no, was nearly identical to Conor. Conor II and Ned II skipped through the graveyard, slightly in front of their parents, because at three they didn't understand where they were. The two had been inseparable since they met, Ned II was four months younger. Once they reached the right grave they looked back to their parents. Little Ned and Daniel approached the grave with roses, a rugby ball, and an old guitar. It was the first wedding anniversary of Ned's and Conor's since they had passed away—in each other's arms. The two calmly passed in their sleep, together as they should be. Daniel kept it together, but Little Ned read the grave and began to cry.

Conor and Ned Masters
Not even death may do them part. Proud fathers of Daniel and Ned Masters.

Daniel places a hand on his brother's shoulder, attempting comfort his brother. Little Ned cried tears of pain and joy because now they could eternally bet happily together, but they were taken from Little Ned for a while. A branch swayed from a nearby tree and Little Ned knew that was his parents attempting to comfort him and assure him that they would protect him through it all. Little did he know, in heaven the couple were eternally teenagers and continued their love affair in the sky, never forgetting to look over and protect the loves of their lives, their kids. Conor looked to Ned, who cried silently over seeing their kids visit the grave, and pulled Ned close to him, placing his head on Ned's and singing a familiar song.

Something's going on, a change is taking place
Children smiling in the street have gone without a trace
This street used to be full, it used to make me smile
And now it seems that everyone is walking single file
And many hand their heads in shame
That used to hold them high
And those that used to say hello
Simply pass you by
Think for a minute, stop for a minute
I always said it could, they never though it would
The people look so pitiful, I'm thinking that it should
And now it's almost here, now its on its way
I can't help saying told you so and have a nice final day
And nothing I could say
Could ever make them see the light
Now apathy is happy that
It won without a fight
Think for a minute, Stop for a minute
And many hang their heads in shame that used to hold them high
{Think for a minute}
And those that used to say hello simply pass you by
{Stop for a minute}
Think for a minute, stop for a minute

The birds down below sang along and Little Ned could hear their cheery chirps. "Thank you, dad and father." Little Ned spoke, wiping away a tear from his freckled face. "I love you guys." He spoke softly, and after placing the guitar, ball, roses, and a small picture taped onto the guitar of the two of them the night they got married. The wind blew and seemed to make the guitar play along to those singing above, unbeknownst to Little Ned and Daniel.

But every time they returned, the guitar remained and played, as the wind blew, the melody of the love of Ned and Conor.