| 10 | Glorious staircase of life

A/N

Ayo. Hitman Bang introduces-
sorry I'll stop now.

What's up everyone? This is probably the first time I'm updating so soon. I'm proud of myself. 🙌

" Let her go now." I say coming out of the room.

" She's still alive?!" Mark asks a little surprised. He has been waiting outside till now.

" Yes, barely."

" Why'd you keep her alive? You want to let her go?"

Getting a little pissed with all the questions he is throwing at me, I decide to ignore him instead of answering.

" Hey I am asking you something!"

I rub two fingers over my left eye brow. The throbbing has become intense.

I don't think he is going to leave me alone before I answer.

" Murder was never my intention to begin with, but she will probably die very soon. Now please go and take off her bindings and see if she can escape, then don't stop her."

" That's pretty generous of you to let them live after what the two of them did to you." he says while opening the door to the basement.

They killed my parents, my whole family. Showing generosity to them? How could I ever.

" After what I did to them for revenge, I'll probably meet them in hell according to their religion." I mumble. Then I feel a little guilt rush over myself.

" You said something bro?"

I didn't do anything wrong. They took everything away from me. It's only natural to make them pay for it. So why am I feeling guilty now? Now, when it's impossible to fix anything even if I tried.
I don't think I can do this anymore. I will leave these things and just get myself a normal job.

I never cared about the gang anyway.

" Did you?" he asks again.

I shake my head. " Just go."

Y/N's POV

I come back from school feeling exhausted. I type the password and unlock the door, then push the door close with my leg after entering. Collapsing on a huge couch in the drawing room I turn on the big TV placed in front of the couch and start shuffling through the channels.

My ankle is still hurting as I think about how I am going to hide the bruise on my left leg a little below my knees which is now clearly visible.

Leaning back on the couch, I close my eyes and let myself drown into the sea of thoughts and before I know it, I go from worrying about my bruise to appreciating the good looks and charms of that new idol group to now thinking about how fancy everything is in the drawing room.

In contrast to the whole house, the drawing room has unnecessarily big furnitures, heavy decorations with famous paintings hanging over the walls along with a few family pictures and expensive lightings decorating the ceiling which gives off a first impression of a really fancy house.

The staircase which reaches up to the second floor has a wide carpet going down the length and the railings have floral designs made of glass. Those glorious floral designs that saved me from stitches.

I didn't get to talk much with Zack today. He went straight home after school saying he had something to do.

The couch somehow seems more comfortable today. Probably because I'm really tired. I stretch my hands and lean further back trying to melt into the couch.

If only I could do that.

If only I could just escape everything and start over.

End~! It was probably boring but well, it's not possible for something big to happen in every chapter. 😅

Thanks for being patient with my ugly messed up update schedule. I hope you can bear with me till the end.

Super short chapter. Sorry ><

Thanks for the read!

🙌🙌

Next update will be soon.