||27||

hiiii muke shippers

happy new yearrrrr! <3

enjoy

---

Michael leaned over his sink as he looked into the small mirror on his bathroom wall. The senior used a damp cloth as he tried to sooth the pain in his right eye.

"Fuck", he winced as he felt it sting.

Suddenly the door opened, and his mom entered the room.

"Mom?", he spoke as he saw her come in. Karen looked at him in shock as she saw his face in the mirror.

"Oh my goodness", she placed a hand over her mouth.

Michael gulped and quickly turned back towards the mirror. "Mom, I'm fine."

"What happened to you, Michael?", she scurried over to him immediately.

"Nothing", the senior threw the wipe away before washing his hands quickly.

"That doesn't look like nothing!", she walked closer to him. "Look at you! Your eye is a mess, who hurt you?"

"It's nothing mom, please", Michael turned to try and leave the room.

"Michael, wait."

The tall boy stopped in his tracks as she touched his shoulders.

"Mom, it doesn't even hurt.", he lied.

Karen shook her head and placed a finger on the corner of his face. "Who would do this to you Michael?"

Michael ignored her and stared down at the floor.

"Alright, if you won't tell me, maybe you'll tell your father. Daryl get in here!", Karen called.

"Mom!", Michael raised his voice. He didn't want this to be a big deal. And he especially didn't want his dad to see. The senior panicked, and immediately walked back over to the other side of the room.

A few seconds later, his Dad entered the bathroom.

"What's going on?"

Michael sighed, and placed his hands on the sink before closing his eyes.

Karen pointed. "Look at his face."

Daryl frowned as he saw Michael in the mirror, his back faced to him.

"What happened, son?"

"I just got into a fight, that's all", he mumbled, keeping his face down. The senior was insecure about how he looked.

"A fight? With who?", he walked over to the boy. Karen stood back and crossed her arms as she watched them.

"Just some kid, but I'm okay. I didn't hurt him, it's silly, really."

Michael had never been in a fight before this. He didn't consider himself violent.

Daryl sighed and tapped his shoulder. "Okay, buddy."

Karen scoffed. "Okay? That's all?"

"He's a boy Karen! That's what boys do! They fight!"

"But he's got a black eye!"

"You heard the boy! He's fine. Michael can't be distracted right now, he has a big game coming up."

Michael frowned and turned around.

"Dad, are you seriously talking about basketball right now?"

"Son, I'm just saying-"

"No. Just admit it, Dad. Everything you say turns into a conversation about basketball!"